What type of things do you talk about on first dates?

When you're getting to know someone over coffee or a drink. Other than the usual, what do you do, what do you plan to do, were you born here etc. How do you make it more interesting and laid back?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends whether its a blind date or a date with somebody I like if it's a blind date I will talk about what my favourite movie is, who my favourite celebrity is, what I plan to study, what I believe politically or religiously, what my favourite spot to vacation is, what my philosophy on life is etc...

If I'm dating somebody I've known for a while and can relate to really well - I will talk about problems that I have with family, what I plan to do to make money, what I love about my life, what values I hold dear, what people I respect and look up to, what I think would make the world a better place.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm an open book, so I talk about anything and everything figuring or will save me a second date if he doesn't like what he hears.

• music and career stuff and like food

• I ask him what are his interest, hobbies, favorite food, music, his dislikes and etc. Something fun and simple so he'll be comfortable

What Guys Said 1

• i think a first date is better short and qwerky shot n sweet you know? see if there's any fire between you two