Does being fat have anything to do with attractiveness?

I weigh 195lbs and 5'4 1/2. A lot of guys stay away from me, but my personality is vibrant when I'm with my friends. I laugh a lot but I am kind of quiet too. I won't make the first move, like, ever.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, yes, it can play a role. Some guys will like it, but the truth is that the majority of guys will prefer someone smaller.

I would work on being healthier just for yourself and your own happiness. The fact that you'll get more attention from men is just a bonus.

• Thanks for MH!

I have personal experience and knowledge with this, and if you ever need advice or help then feel free to message me. I'd maintain your anonymity, of course.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes. Being fat does make you less appealing to many guys but NOT ALL guys. A lot of guys I know have an auto-5 rule in their head that I've tested and inquired about very much. If a girl is thin and fit, with shoulder-length hair, many guys would consider her a 5 or above out of 10 almost instantly.

Being overweight, you often do not get this auto-5 rating and you may have to prove yourself via showing the guy your personality but, if you are not willing to make a move and show them your personality, that is near impossible.

• Yes it makes a big difference. I and all of my guy friends don't give obviously significantly fat girls a second glance.

I know there are conditions, and issues other than laziness that can attribute to being fat, but usually it's just laziness or lack of desire for self improvement.

Get a gym membership. You don't have to be 110lbs, but 195 is more than me, and I'm 6'2". Just stay dedicated

• I have leg problems myself, and I hate that I can't be more active. I've gotten fat only since these issues started, but I didn't let that get me down. I love myself and I don't let anyone but me dictate what makes me happy. At that confidence is just as important when attracting a mate. Being skinny on it's own won't get you a "good" man. You need to have a winning attitude too.

• Nothing specifically attracts all good men, but a good body attracts all men. You can find out which are the good ones later.

If it is an injury or condition that prevents you from exercising, then just focus on your diet. swimming is also a great workout for weight loss and leg strength. Very low stress on the knees/ligaments/bones, and very great for toning up muscle and dropping fat.

• It has everything to do with attractiveness.

• Yeah it does more than one can think of.

• Of course! It has a lot to do with attractiveness.

What Girls Said 3

• Nope! Almost every man I've dated will say they prefer a skinny bitty, and even chase/f**k them, but they all would rather settle with a curvy girl, and all of them have ;) My ex helped out once at a women's event with me, and every girl he would ogle was heavy.

• Curvy is different than fat

• Depends on the individual really, but "curvy" is also a nice way to say fat. I'm fat, and thus I have more curves than the average woman. IE, I had B's when I was 135, but I have double D's at 210.

• My ex was a skinny Mofo. Skinny enough to be unhealthy but I'm attracted to skinnier guys and I'm 5'6, and look around 150 lbs. He told me that if I got skinny he would break up with me. Men are different, and some are too shallow wanting the perfect chick even though they need room for improvement.
    I use to be bigger, but I grew out of it and it took years because I am now 22, all you got to do is wait for someone who accepts you and can look past the weight. In the mean time, focus on hygiene and do great makeup that makes your best feature pop.
    Men do like bigger women, and some don't.

• Well, yeah. Most people who are healthy (or at least somewhat) will want a partner who matches their lifestyle. Being healthy is attractive to people, and most people view being overweight as something unhealthy.