I made a stupid move asking my boyfirend if he thought a girl in class was prettier than me, how can I make it better?

ok so i asked my bf if he though this girl in my class was prettier than me coz when he first saw her he said she was gourgouse, so he said Yes she is,..

il admit ever since i met my bf which was 2-3 years ago, my confidence level slowly dropped as well as my self esteem, and yes i do get jealouse and yes i am insecure,...

but before meeting him i was the most confident girl ever, hell i didn't even need anyone to tell me that im pretty,..

even if i did see a girl who was prettier/better than me, id tell myself yeah she is, but there still somthing about me i still like over to rather looking like her,...

and i used to be over weight too 145 bls! but now today i am 109 lbs fit and toned, so i worked my ASS off for my body!

but everytime i see girls with a pretty perfect face's with there small nose, big eyes, nice lips, it gets me down coz i dont own a face like that!,... and my bf has alott of pics of girls like that in his fone and he only has 1 pic of me and thats it,...

he may love my personality but i wish he would also comment like he does for other girls, saying wow she is pretty, or yeah she is hot,... his favourate girl is 'megan fox' (i mention her a lot in my other questions) and i google her pic too alll the time, he is always saying how her face is so pretty and her surgery was amazing work,... IT KILLS ME ON THE INSIDE,...

i dont have a pretty face, but what would happen if i lose my fit toned body? would i even be attractive to him without my one only asset of attractiveness?

now i feel clingy toward my bf coz i asked a typical Q if she is prettier than me, i dont want to be like that i never was,.. i was this confident girl who was happy,..

What Guys Said 5

• Physical attractiveness requires... physical stuff. So I'm guessing if you became overweight, he might stop being attracted to you.

Why even be asking that, "oh, is that girl prettier than me?" Are you expecting him to give you some BS that you're the hottest babe on the planet?

• no i am not deluded person, no i am not the most prettiest girl on the planet,... i dont think you read my question correctly,... i only care what HE sees me as,...

and please no rude answers, if your gonna be rude then dont answer at all

• I actually was once at the stage. The first girl I ever fell in love with. I thought she was perfect, the most beautiful girl, etc.

Then things went bad, as they usually do sooner or later, and I grew up.

I'm not trying to bash you, I'm legitimately explaining. Most guys who are not naive and in first love aren't going to be at the "you're the prettiest girl ever!" point. They recognize there are hotter women. That's life.

But he's with you, evidently.

So why spew venom at me for explaining?

• if you were a girl you would know what i mean, but it ok, thank for your options,...

• It was the biggest dick move that he could have made, to say yes.

• First of all he is with you for a reason and in my eyes you are giving him just the push he needs to make him go away. Look if you like him and he likes you back and if there is only one thing that makes him stay with you, dont look down on yourself if you have lost that confidence, win it again by making him say wow you look amazing today or something.

• he never says it im pretty, i alway takcare of myself, nails, hair, workingout,..., iv even dyed my hair so he would notice but he just say the colour is diffrent,...

• then try flirting with him if he doesn't respond, try talking it out with him tell him what kind of problem he has and watch his reaction if he changes instantly then he mıght be playıng wıth you, or he will se what mistake he has made... and just saying even if a guy doesn't say you are pretty that doesn't mean he doesn't feel it he might just be shy to tell that to you with a straight face he might blush and he doesn't want you to see a weak part of his...

• no he is certainly not a shy guy, but i am a shy girl so... but somtimes it would just make me happy if he said im hot or i look nice today,... iv tried tlking to him but he just repeats it again and again...

• You just sound insecure, likely from forgetting how to stand on your own two feet due to your relationship. Best course of action is to speak to your boyfriend about it, open communication is key. :)

• whats there to say, iv talked to him before and it just keeps happening again, i still fee like shit,...

• It was a dick move on your part to even ask him that question. you essentially trapped him, no matter what he thought.

• it wasn't a trap, gawd why do guys have to believe its a trap,... ugh*

• and please dont be rude saying and using words like dick move, id rather not have your option then

• I'm just sayin'

• My heart actually hurts for you! I imagine you looking like my current girlfriend, and me doing that to her would make me feel so shitty! You should dump him! because of he's mowing down your self esteem, that is not healthy for you at all! Poor girl.

• aw thanks for you sympathy,... thats sweet,... you kno

• You need to find someone that really clicks with you, because then it would basically be what I call "tunnel vision". Yes, you may not be the absolutely most gorgeous girl on earth, but he will only be able to look at you, and you will be the only person that he wants to hold hands with, and etc.

What Girls Said 5

• If you have to question whether he finds you beautiful then he isn't the one hun. He should make you feel amazing both inside and out. You find him to be that way don't you?

You need to love yourself before you can love anyone. I can't imagine being with someone who doesn't make me feel amazing. I understand it is human nature to find others attractive but for it to be to the point that it makes me feel insecure and bad about myself, then things need to change.

If you have to question whether he'd love you if you were at 145 lbs, then ditch him. I highly doubt you are with him only because he looks a certain way.

• That's rough but, don't lose your toned, fit, body. Guys love that, as long as it's not scary looking lol. Look. You need to look past your insecurities and realise something. He is with you because he loves you. And you got a nice bod :p just don't let people being down you're insecurity. Try listening to more positive music, it's hard but every time you think about your beauty STOP. Throw out the insecurities! You were made who you are. So be who you are. Be the confident girl who told every plastic beyotch she was WRONG.

• Girl you don't need a man to bring you down like that, honestly he's a jerk. He shouldn't so openly point out his attraction to other girls and should never say they're more attractive. That's rude and disrespectful. Dump his ass and tell him he can have her. You said you were confident before him and maybe once you let him go you'll have the courage to believe in your beauty again. I might not know you but everyone is beautiful in their own way, own who you are and prove to him and the world your better than how he treated you. You deserve a much better man.

• I think this boyfriend of yours is not so suitable for you. Your task as someone's partner is not to cater to his wishes or likes. Why would he have in his phone pictures of other girls and just one of you? If this was a friend, I would tell him "dude, grow up, you have a girlfriend, why are you keeping pictures of all those other girls" and I'd think he's immature and unsatisfied with what he's got. There's no reason why I would have pictures of other men in my cell phone and if I did, my boyfriend would feel uncomfortable as fuck. Not that there is any crime if storing pictures of other people, but in relationships, there is always an intention to do what you do. If being with him is killing you on the inside, WHY do you want to be with him? The moment you walk away from him, you'll gain your confidence back. The most important relationship you have, has to be the one you have with yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3fIZuW9P_M

You feel clingy because you see in him the main provider for the self esteem you lost. But that's not going to happen. I may not be gorgeous, my boyfriend may not be gorgeous, but we are amazing in each other's eyes and there is no room for comparisons, because pictures and random faces can't be more beautiful than our identities, our dreams and our sense of belonging. This guy is NOT right for you.

• *sigh* this is why you never ask questions that you don't truly want to the answer to. Of course your boyfriend doesn't think you're the prettiest girl in the entire universe, that's not why he's with you. He's with you because he loves who you are as a person overall. At the end of the day, we can't all be Victoria's Secret models, but that doesn't mean that we aren't kick ass in our own way.