What to expect on a first date?

I've never been on a date before and this guy I am interested in asked me out!

I'm really excited but I'm not sure what to expect. I definitely want to be myself, but I think I'll be a little less nervous if I have an idea of what first dates are like.

What was your first date like? Anything I should expect?

If he offers to pay should I let him, or politely decline?

Most Helpful Guy

• He'll probably want to pay for whatever you 2 are going to do. But it is polite to offer to pay for yourself, and then he'll say "no really, I got this." You nailed when you mentioned just being yourself. It's normal to be nervous, but try to remember that it's supposed to be a fun time. The more you're able to be who you really are the more fun you'll have, and he will enjoy it more too. When he takes you home at the end of the date he may try to kiss you goodnight or goodbye. How do you feel about that? Will you do the "turn the cheek" move, or let him kiss you? It's your call, of course. Try to have fun (by not trying too hard, if that makes sense).

• I've never been kissed before lol so I might be taken a little off guard by that haha. I think I would feel better kissing him after a couple dates just because this is my first time meeting him in person

• Okay. Thank you!!! I'm trying really hard not to be nervous

• thanks for MH !!!

What Guys Said 4

• I recommend avoiding coffee/ dinner dates, they turn the date into a job interview. Movies are also not so great because you don't get a chance to know the other person. Do an activity together so conversation can come naturally and it helps lower the pressure and makes having fun possible.

• let him pay and expect to enjoy yourself.

• A proposal

• Also expect to get pregnant and give birth, expect a divorce and a court hearing for custody of the kids, enjoy

• first date= getting to know each other, first kiss, hug at the end

What Girls Said 1

• How old are you?

• I'm 22. I know I'm a little old to be having my first date lol

• It's ALWAYS awkward with the first guy or whenever you get a new bf, so don't worry. Its like following instructions how ti drive a car. Takes time, at a very steady paste. Be curious of you're tongue kissing

• Definitely good to know lol. Over time I'm sure I'll get the hang of it