Girls: Friendzoning? What makes you want to friend zone somebody?

Why is it that I always get friendzoned by girls that say I'd be the perfect boyfriend for them?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, if I feel our friendship is sacred to me and don't want it to escalate to relationship with the added complication of us perhaps never communicating again after a break up then I'll keep you in the friend zone because you're obviously special to me in a platonic way and I'd hate to destroy the bond.

• I see what you're saying vintagegirl90, but my response is that if you're close enough where you're sharing such a powerful friendship, doesn't that sort of make it a relationship already? This is the biggest problem for me because I'm close with a lot of girls and they rely on me for whatever. They'll say things like, "Oh you're the perfect guy, I wish there were more guys like you" and things of that nature, and the hardest thing is when I'm open and honest with them, they close right up. Not to mention, I'm relatively trained in reading body language and even that is telling me that they're in to me. The only thing that stops them is that I'm too good of a friend. But that always gets me thinking, "Don't girls want to fall in love with their best friend?"

• Hmmm, some girls are just picky, they don't know what they want and they get distracted... they fail to see what's good for them because we're naturally stubborn and we think we know what's right, some girls have a tendency to follow their hearts instead of their heads. Unfortunately, every girl's reason for why they do this is different, you're going to just come and say that you like them and that they're important to you.. and i would like to take our relationship to the next level, if not just say you understand and realise you're better off as friends. I know it can get complicated, but use your openness to your advantage.

What Girls Said 3

• Well for me its that I just dont feel any sexual connection to him but I enjoy having him around

• They might be too shy to admit their feelings and think if they confess you'll think differently of them. Asking the guy like out or confessing when your so close is scary as crap ok? But I got with my boyfriend when he finally did it.

• They might not want to ruin the relationship you already have with them eg; if you're good friends and date then break up itd be awkward or you won't want to talk to them again

What Guys Said 1

• To sum up dating
    Nice guys=friend zoned
    Dickhead guys=get dated

That's the way the universe works sadly