How being fat reduce the chance of a guy liking that girl?

i m fat and i see guys do not like me and they directly push me in the friend zone ! i feel very down i want to know the reason

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey, there is fat people:
    thechinawatch. com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/356. jpg
    and then there are FAT people:
    thespinalley. co. uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/article-0-183BAFFD000005DC-796_964x657-1. jpg

Either way it doesn't really matter. Sure current social medias show thin models, but even if we get influenced by it, it doesn't matter as much as we believe. For example, whenever I watch TV, there will be some publicity about BurgerKing and then one about McDonalds. This doesn't incite me to go to either of those places. What I'm trying to say is probably that our social media are build around being thing. As a few hundreds years ago it was pretty have white bleach skin to show that you were highborn and now having darker, tanned skin is pretty. Media sets the rules of what beauty those days are and we (general population) get influenced by it.
    The reason it shouldn't matter is because there are all kinds of people on this word. Some men like short girls, other tall, thin, thick, black, white, latin, caucasian,… you get my point. Even if they might be less people out there who like "thicker" girls, mainly because of our media influence you shouldn't get bothered too much by it.
    I'm saying this like this, but I probably know how you feel, I used to be very thick boy when I was young and felt the same way, that no girls were interested in me, but this wasn't the case. Either way I changed and became what I am now, I guess what I society calls a "normal" looking guy. Changing yourself is only your job to do, no-one or anything will do it for you, you'll have to do some hard work but it will be worth it if you really desire to change yourself ;)

Hang in there

What Guys Said 11

• Weight is probably the biggest factor in your attractiveness.

That's good news btw. If the problem was that guys didn't like your face or personality that's even harder to change.

Most fat girls get ignored by guys. If you're actually getting friend zoned you likely have an above average personality in terms of what guys like.

Lose weight and you will find dating easier then most girls.

• Depends on how fat, anything above BMI 26 is a big health risk too. Anything of BMI 24 and below is OK, even though a bunch of people claim they're "fat" because they're not stick thin.

• Most guys just don't find fat girls attractive. If you put in the effort and don't make excuses you can lose it all though.

Most women like tall guys. I'm 5'3". I can't change that lol... So feel lucky.

• It probably is because you're fat honestly

• I like chasing chubby i like girls with some meat on her bones
    being overweight does reduce our chances some what i always
    say don't believe what you hear, there are nice guys out there
    who are good looking will like chubby girls

• Sad to say being fat will be a deal breaker to many guys. Girls too. I was fat for
    a long time. I hate to say it, most people are so shallow they can't or won't get past looks.
    But you can do something about it. I know when I was fat I heard advice and admonitions
    to lose weight. I finally told those people where to get off, You get tired of hearing it.

• Teenage guys want hot girls. Being fat is a HUGE (pun pun) turn off. You could try getting a fat dude, but... you're going To need to lose weight if you want an attractive boyfriend.

• Some guys are pretty shallow and will never even consider looking at girls over... what, 160 pounds?
    Some guys are less honest.
    Look - it might sound cruel but guys just aren't really attracted to girls who are overweight. It's our nature - we like sexy girls that are curvy, but not seriously overweight. How much do you weigh? To me, it doesn't matter until you start pushing 180. But anything before that, I wouldn't call you grossly fat.

• I'm the kind of guy who has looks effecting opinions, but not the amount of love. Weight is one of the few changeable things in people.

• Their is a simple solution to your problem:

Stop eating junk food, eat healthy.
    Go jogging. Reduce your fat.
    That is the only option you have.

It is a simple biological reason:
    The girl will be the mother of the children. If she can't take care of her own body, how is she supposed to care for her husband and children.

Guys want healthy girlfriends. And healthy means in our modern time ideal weight.

Don't worry, as soon as you loose enough weight, guys will start to give you much more attention.

Go jogging girl!

• This poster knows what he is talking about. Being fat comes with a host of pathological issues that will bite you later in life.

• Yeah being fat certainly doesn't help. But there's plenty of fat guys out there too. Most of them would be happy to date you

• No they wouldn't, well not all :/ I've been friendzoned by a fat guy when he was much bigger than me. And I was like 140 lbs , not THAT big. Some still look for hot girls, no matter their weight.

• I didn't say all. I said most.

• And you can't assume it was because of your weight

What Girls Said 3

• Unfortunately it is a deal breaker for most guys. I am overweight, if not fat and have always been put in the friend zone. Personality is a big deal, but in the end the first thing people see is looks and if the guy;s not attracted to that, there won't be anything more... When I lost weight (unfortunately it's back on) I suddenly got a bit more attention, yet I was still considered overweight at 125 lbs (5'4 my height). The point is I know this affects you, but you gotta let those disappointments aside and be confident maybe even try and lose weight for you, not for others to like you. People are always gonna find a flaw no matter how good you look. The important thing is to not let yourself get affected, because that will destroy you. :) If you want more advice, feel free to talk to me :)

• if you're overweight it hurts ur chances a lot. once u lose the lbs you'll see the difference like night and day

• Most guys at that age, goes after the more attractive. Not that you aren't attractive, but to that age group, it can be a deal breaker to be overweigt :/