Is it okay to break up with my long-term bf because he ignored me for the world cup?

I can understand if he ignores me to study for exams, or to work more to save money. etc. Those are worthy reasons to ignore me. But FIFA? Soccer? Seriously? I hate spectator sports - it's highly commercialized - it's all about money and profit, and i'm pretty sure the games are rigged too. Besides, what is so exciting about watching guys kicking a ball around? If he likes soccer so much, why doesn't he join a soccer club and actually play the game? It's such a waste of time to sit on the couch and watch football. This is really bugging me. I've been with my bf for two years, but this is a turn-off , and I'm thinking about dumping him. I don't want the kind of husband who sits on the couch, drinking beer and watching sports with his friends.. Also, I don't want that kind of father for my future children. I want a guy who is more intelligent, and who has better things to do with his time than to watch sports (which is no better than watching soap operas or reality TV in my opinion).

Most Helpful Girl

• Breaking up with him because he ignored you for the World Cup isn't a good reason, but I see your point about how you see the future. If you think he'll be "that guy" and you don't want that, then break up with him.

What Guys Said 6

• Of all the things to break up with a guy for... the world cup only happens every 4 years... he should be dumping you Ms. I need attention...

Seriously! Why Are you dating him if you don't even like soccer?

• You said it yourself, you hate spectator sports, so its your problem not his. Wah wah wah, break out the violin.

• You should do him a favor by breaking up with him if you really consider this to be a valid reason to break up for. He wouldn't like it at first but once he finds someone else, he'd really appreciate that you dumped him over such a silly reason.

• You sound very charming and endearing. Whoever ends up with you is one unlucky man.

• Don't dump him. The world cup is a rare event and frankly you should be a little more understanding here. And good luck finding a guy who is too intelligent to watch sports.

• If anything he should break up with you, you sound very immature and childish.

"How dare my boyfriend enjoy watching a sporting spectacle which lasts for a month once every four years, twice a decade. He should be paying attention to me, me, me. me. me. me. me. me and me some more". It's all about Me and what I want because I'm selfish.

What Girls Said 1

• Lol sry but thats so superficial :(. But the world cup is every fourth year. Just let him be and after the finals he will probaly be normal again :). But be sure you are not the only one who is through this, just tell him off and reduce the times he is doing that.