Why do guys really stare? It's starting to annoy me how men always stare? They don't even care if you notice half the time?

Why do guys really stare? It's starting to annoy me how men always stare? They don't even care if you notice half the time
Half the time they don't even talk, they just stare. And when they walk by you they walk so close to you when there is so much room

Most Helpful Guy

• You have blowjob lips and they are imagining throat poking you

• I actually do

• Now I'm imagining throat poking you

What Guys Said 7

• There's two reasons - neither of them is particularly a good one, but it could explain.

1. We stare because we want to know if you're interested. It usually starts innocent and with no intentions on being creepy - we see you and think "oh wow, she's cute. I gotta look again." Then maybe you look up, and we think "oh, was she looking at me?" And so we keep checking to see if you're looking at us. After a while, that's all we're doing. It's actually not meant to be creepy (although I'm sure it always is), but we're just looking for a sign that you're interested so we can make a move. If you notice we're staring and look up at us, it just adds fuel to the flame as we try and figure what that look meant (guys are idiots).

2. Similar to 1, even if we have no intention of talking to you, our eyes naturally wander. So if we're in a small restaurant or a coffee shop and there's not much to do or look at, we tend to involuntarily seek out the pretty girl. And maybe we don't even notice we're staring until after it's too late. I usually catch myself before I'm staring and have to snap myself out of it. (guys are idiots).

• Why stare and not approach

• Tons of reasons. Maybe he's dating someone already and can't. Maybe he doesn't want to bother you (and doesn't think you know he's starting). Maybe he thinks your taken and doesn't want to try. Maybe he's afraid of rejection. Maybe he's looking at something you're reading or doing or wearing and isn't even paying attention to you.

And just because he's staring doesn't necessarily mean he's interested in anything more than looking at you. Some guys just want to look at a pretty girl and that's it. If I approached or asked out every girl I thought was cute, that's basically all I would do every day.

I know it's creepy and I know it's annoying. But outside of calling them out on it, I'd just try and ignore them. Guys tend to be a bit creepy, whether we're trying to or not.

• Yeah, it's pretty darn rude. I've dated a few girls I'd consider like 9/10's and often enough, we couldn't go to a public place without them complaining about being stared at. One guy's stare got so out of hand with my ex, that I had to tell him to look elsewhere and he cursed at me and even challenged me to a fight. Bunch of degenerate losers.

I wouldn't stare if it bothers a girl, I just glance to know who's around me, but I wouldn't do something that disturbs another person as I wouldn't want to be treated that way. I think it's very hard to be a beautiful girl these days, anywhere in the world, because they're continually being harassed or they're aware that guys see them as a piece of meat. I guess I'm lucky not to have to put up with this shit every time I go out for a coffee or to just do chores, I wonder how they even put up with it.

• Yeah it's disgusting

• Yeah, I'm telling you that you're right. All guys? I don't know, I'm just one guy, and I know that it happens enough times that you cannot go in public without being made uncomfortable. But hey, if I could think of a solution... Maybe change styles? Maybe wear something that won't get their attention? I'm just making a suggestion, for example, when this crazy chick kept staring at me in class (despite the professor giving the lecture happened to be the OTHER WAY), I just grew an ugly beard, now chicks don't even notice me.

• They're waiting for you to smile at them so they can approach you. Now I don't see a problem if you guys are walking past each other and he stares but I guess it could be rude if you're at a coffeeshop and he's staring at you nonstop.

• You should be happy cos this will stop happening when you hit your late 20s. But your early to mid 30s, you'll be lucky if men even notice you.

• Nah there are plenty of hot older girls

• Mercutio: "Men’s eyes were made to look and let them gaze..." - Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet - Act III Scene I

• But why? It's so rude

• I'll ask Mercutio on that one next time I see him and get back to you.
      Seriously, Isn't it a case of some guys staring rather than all guys staring?
      If you're uncomfortable with it just growl, "What in the he££ are you staring at?" when they do it.
      Unless the guy (s) is/are brain damaged they should get the point.

• You've probably got a big throbbing cyst n your forehead.

• one reasons why i and some guys are shy and dont let a girl notice him looking and admiring a girls beauty
    guys stare cause they love and desire girls and a particular beautiful girl they see, its how some guys try to tell a girl they like her and want her to approach if she's interested its the common simple non-approach routine, cause when the girl doesn't respond and approach that means she's not interested
    this is just how its done guys arnt supposed to approach cause girls dont want guys in the first place so we already know that so a guy has to wait for the girl to choose the guy and approach first

• If a girl shows NO interest why do they keep on staring and not move on

• because your a girl and guys will still be attracted to them, we are just different

What Girls Said 1

• Oh you are attractive, and get reminders every time you leave the house? that must be hard.