Ways to make myself look older?

I'm 22, turning 23 this year and most people have put my age about 15 when I'm out. I have noticed that people will treat me younger a lot of the time, often ask about how I'm doing at school or if I've got my first boyfriend yet. I usually look younger than that without make up.

A lot has to do with my height and frame, I'm 5'0, 98 lbs and have a very tiny frame. I wear children's cloths and the only part of me that looks my age is my C cups.

I wear a bit of make up when I'm out but I do keep covered and dress modestly. Even though I'm articulate people just put that down to me being a mature '15 year old'.

I want to feel independent and womanly when I'm out and I feel like guys also wouldn't bother glancing in my direction because they might assume I'm just a teenager. I really don't know how I can make myself appear my age.

Any help guys? Thank you, as always :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey! I've been googling a bit to seek some useful ideas that may help you.
    The red line through the research is:

1) Try to do your hair differently, perhaps pinning it up or even trying a dot. Some suggestions even say short hair gives a more adult look but honestly... my photographic memory does not think you would look good with short hairs.

2) If you often wear sports shoes, try to chance to either flip-flops (summer), flats or low heels.

3) Apparently the expression in your smile also makes a difference between looking like a girl or a lady but I must admit it's hard to imagine except if you see examples :-)

4) You also see many suggestions to change your make-up a bit. Not a question of overkill, but this website gives some nice suggestions:
    allwomenstalk.com/make-up-tips-to-look-older

Really hope this helps! Always interested to see a pic of your splendid new Lady Amy look!

What Guys Said 14

• I think you are pretty the way you look and some guys
    like the girls younger looking, you could try cutting your
    hair to your shoulders, wear make-up try the smokey
    eyes look or maybe try styling your hair with body wave
    but like some said, you got gift to look younger and that's
    really awesome

• Thank you so much :) I tend to dress very modestly, maybe that's what makes me appear younger lol :/ you always make me feel better :)

• Aww thank you, I always love seeing you about too! I hope you're doing ok and keeping positive :) <3

• Awe thank you with your kindness !
      and i will continue to think positive ty:) <3

• Well looking at your profile pic you do you look really young. Aside from the way dress and carry yourself. Maybe carry a lit cigarette and glass of wine everywhere you go? lol jk. Don't worry, you got it good. As you get a little older it's gonna' work out for you.

It's better than the opposite... looking too old for your age. When i was 30 i was dating a 24 y/o and well she looked as old as me. I mean sweet girl but i don't think she was gonna' age well.

• That made me smile lol ;) I know there are advantages when I get older, it's just incredibly frustrating cos at 22 you want to be treated like an adult lol. Without make up I really couldn't look much younger to be honest lol.

• Sunbathe for extensive periods, you'll look like an old person who's part sausage.

• It's a gift to look younger than your actual age. However, if you want to look older, you could cut your hair (though I strongly advise against that!)

• Do you think shorter hair would make me look a little older? :) Thanks for your help!

• go bobcut

• I always look at bob cuts and think I'd look like a complete retard with one lol but it does look more adult like you're right :)

• Hmm, i think wear timeless conservative dress with fine fabrics, wear make up. Maybe professional reading glass will work. Wear dress with vertical stripes, Wavy or matured haircut. Amy, I think its all about attitude like Act mature confidence, posture, grace, authoritative voice.

• I act mature but I guess my appearance is a bit contradictory to how I act lol does my hair look mature do you think Mark? :) Thanks so much for your help, as always! :)

• You hair? Yeah it's a good Hair and looks matured to me but you can it enhance it by transforming your hair into bulky wavy hair, also improve your gestures and posture.

• You want to look older? Most women want to look younger XD

• Well at 22 it can be more of an issue lol I have to keep telling myself I won't be complaining when I'm older lol.

• It's all about your hair, wavy hair without curls will always make a girl look older, also be aware of makeup around your eyes.

Then again, I don't know if those things suit you, but it's the way to go to make yourself look older!

• Do you think my hair the way it is in my avatar makes me look a little bit older? :) It's difficult because I don't put too much make up on on a daily basis but I could change up my hair more if that helps lol :)

• The hair as it is now doesn't make you look older, when I'm home I will give you some examples of hairstyles that make you look older. Thing is it probably doesn't suite you.

• I don't see a reason to look older. Haha the way you described yourself I imagined a boob turret o_o

• Be glad you have this "problem". Eventually you'll look your age and you'll wish you didn't. If means you've been blessed with great genetics! Eventually you'll meet a good guy :)

• Thanks so much for replying :) I know I won't be complaining when I'm older but it can be frustrating in my 20s :)

• Lol well that all depends in if I shave or not! If I shave completely leave no hair in my fair, j probably look at least my age or a little you get in my opinion. If I decide to not shave, that's a different story. That's where most of my grey hair is lol :)

• You get=younger. See? Pretty girls make me type badly! Lol ;)

• You look perfect and you know it ;-P

• Aww lol perfect at giving you a load of advice that doesn't work! ;)

• smoke... :(

• I don't want to resort to that lol :(

• You do look older than 18 :) and I hope you don't smoke lol ;)

• No I hate smokin but I can do an excuse when doing shisha. but you don't have men to threat you childish if you don't want to. I do that sometimes too but only if the girl is ok with it. yeah you look innocent and I think lots of guys like that

• It's all in the way you carry yourself. Maturity speaks age.

• I'm very mature :) maybe mature bordering boring lol but I don't act young at all. I think people look at me and assume my age is a lot younger than it is.

• Consider yourself lucky. Those who look younger wanna look older, those who are older wanna look younger.

• That's what I have to try to remind myself lol :) I won't be whinging when I'm older I guess.

• psshh why would you want to look older, looking young is more attractive in a girl, its not how you look that makes a person older/mature/independent its what you do, knowing right from wrong etc approaching guys yourself etc, im sure guys look at you a lot (i mean come on your soo beautiful) but you just dont care to notice them in the first place cause you expect them to do everything, and plus some guys are shy and try to not let you notice them looking quick glances are a key that they like you,

• Well I guess it's a good thing when you're a bit older but I feel like I get treated like a child a lot and I am a very mature person naturally :) I don't expect men to do everything at all, I have rather low self esteem so I'm well aware that in order for a guy to notice me I need to put myself out there and be friendly to them and make them feel attractive, I'm just very shy and lack confidence. I worry that I don't appear womanly enough for men my own age or older :) But thank you so much for being sweet and for your help!

• Possibly yes :) Although sometimes it's very noticeable that they're talking to me on the assumption that I'm a lot younger than I am lol.

• maybe they are talking to you in a respectful way to not offend you or trying to come up with a convo starter

• Use meth, that'll add a few years to you.

What Girls Said 9

• I have the same problem. It's a hassle being short and trying to meet guys. I didn't get carded at the liquor store when I wore boots to look taller.

• It really is so frustrating isn't it :( I got carded just trying to buy a cigarette lighter for my half brother, never mind the cigarettes!

• It's nice to know that I'm not the only 5' girl. You and samanthamayxo are, too. :)

• I really wouldn't worry, you're beautiful and although you look young I don't think you look so young that people wouldn't want to get to know you.

• Thank you so much for being so kind :) I suppose I have to be more forward with guys if I want them to know my actual age lol.

• I've always looked younger and even now, about to turn 30, I still get asked for ID to but alcohol. the legal age is 18. Trust me, you will really appreciate it later.

• It must start to feel much nicer when people ask at 30, I have to hold onto the positives I guess :)

• Put on makeup that does the trick because I have a true story of when did because I look 12 or 15 so I wear eyeliner every now and then so I look hella older... by the way im 20 and I appeared 23 or 22 so yes makeup is the only way (:

• I'll have to wake up earlier to apply more war paint then lol ;) thanks so much for the advice! :)

• No problem and ur welcome glad i can help (:

• I have problems looking my age too, both from looking younger and older than I actually am. I find that whenever I pin my fringe and expose my forehead I look at lot younger. So I would suggest getting bangs and maybe try wearing red lipstick or dark lipstick shades. It worked for me because a starbucks barista once hit on me because he thought I was in my early twenties and was shocked when I told him I just graduated and I was 16 at the time :)

• That's true, I guess my forehead makes you look more baby like, I never thought about that till you mentioned it. I could try the red lipstick thing, although I'm such a non risk taker :P I would love to get hit on from a starbucks barista, think of all the discount hot chocolate O. o

• Do any adult stores in your area carry size 00/XXXS? If they don't (or if those sizes are still too large), you could always have your clothing altered.

• Not in adult stores here no, not that I've seen. One store carries a 4 (I think that's equivalent to a 0 in the States?) but they rarely stock any because it's not a popular size. I have brought a few things from Asian markets and on ebay but it's just easier and cheaper for me to buy childrens and try to find the clothes that are more neutral in colour in more 'adult' looking lol believe me it's tough!

• Yeah I live in England lol not a whole lot of choice here :P and thank you so much, I'll just have to work with what I have I think :)

• Aw, no problem. Good luck. :)

• Yeah not much u can do about it. I had the same problem at your age although everybody always told me it's a good thing to look younger than you really are. It's a compliment.

• I try to take it as a compliment when I can so I don't get too annoyed with hearing it all the time, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do I can't make myself any bigger or older looking. I'll just have to wait till I hit an age when it becomes an advantage lol :)

• Dark makeup, especially lipstick

• I get that a lot as we'll I don't know honestly maybe wear more makeup

• Well the only thing I could really recommend would be for you to maybe wear more make up.

And dress more of your age, like an adult, maybe even more revealing.

I know it's not really your thing but it seems to be the only way.

Oh maybe style your hair more often and more adult like

• I doubt I could pull off anything revealing lol I want to try and stick with the same sort of style but I guess I could pick colours and tops that are a bit older looking :) Thanks so much!