Should I text a guy I used to know?

Okay...I knew this guy when I was in high school. He came into my work today and he ended up calling back later on...and I had to take a message and he left his number...Is it stalkerish if I text him?

HE DIDN'T LEAVE HIS NUMBER FOR ME...HE LEFT IT FOR MY WORK.
I text him...I think I totally weirded him out. Bahhhaaaa! LOL!
You guys are awesome for all the advise! Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Not if you explain yourself like a grownup: "Hi. I'm Blablabla, from high school. I saw you at my office and you left your number. Let's go out and do some catching up."

• He knows who I am.

• This is a screen; the straight question, "Is it alright if I text you?" is a bit too direct.

• I like this answer. If I was in his situation and got this text, I wouldn't think it was creepy. If I was interested, I'd suggest some sort of public catching-up meeting thing (e.g. meet for coffee) or ask what you had in mind. If not, I'd politely blow you off.

What Guys Said 1

• You should just talk to him when he comes back in. If you don't think he is going to come back in, then just call him and say hi and talk about some old times you both remember and work forward from there.

What Girls Said 9

• I see you already text him. Personally I would have advised not trying to contact him. If a guy is interested and he knows how to contact you, he will. From the details I could not tell if he recognized you at work nor how well you knew each other in High School. If anything, it was good you took the risk but it is so much better for a variety of reasons to have the guy pursuing you.

• If he left you his number I would see it as he wants to talk to you. I really doubt he would think you are stalking him, you might just give him a call instead of a text...I know it's kinda odd talking on the phone, not knowing what to say and all, but you two did use to know each other so give it a shot.

• If he wanted to stay in contact he would have said so when he called back and left his number. I'm pretty sure you knew the answer and went ahead anyway. I realize those of us with stalker tendencies can't help ourselves. Lets hope he doesn't complain to your work and get you in trouble.

• I would text him if you think he is interested in talking. Its not stalkerish, id do the same haha. Good luck

• Yeah.. I think I might get weirded out by that.

• you should wait til he comes back in. txtin him could def freak him out

• He left his number right so don't hesitate beside if you guys start talking I could end up sum where good. I don't think you weird him out he might be interested.

• no...if he gave you his number you should def text

• Yeah texting him was DEF stalkerish.. lol