What's the big thing with friends zoning?

Honestly, I think friend zoning is stupid. If a guy/girl said no. It means no. They don't like you. Don't get mad and try to call it something else. Move the fuck on. Not every guy or girl is going to like you. So it does not mean you're friend zoned, it means they just don't like you, ans if that's what they want, that's what they want.

I don't hold in my aggression, so if someone rejects me. Im fine with it. And I move one. I don't stick to the past. I never said it was a bad word. It's just annoying seeing people use it on a daily basis, they said no, get over it.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is true, but research on the mere-proximity effect shows that the primary predictor of relationship formation isn't personality-meshing, but rather how much time is spent together. Based on this, some smart guys realized that a girl could reject a long-term friend and start going out with a guy she only just met.

The phenomenon is referred to as 'friend-zoning'. Some girls will tend to form a support network with male friends (as well as female friends) over time and are reluctant to change that network, lest they suddenly need to fall back on it. In layman's terms, 'friend-zoning' is when a girl won't date a guy because she's afraid it will ruin their friendship.

Still, though, most guys who bring up 'friend-zones' really have no idea what they're talking about. Most of the time the guy just doesn't deal with rejection well.

What Guys Said 6

• The way I look at it is different. Yes it is rejection, but it is a completely different thing, level. normal rejection normally the person doesn't know you that much and just doesn't like you. Like you say. In friend zoning there is the factor that you are friends. In other words that person knows you, knows who you are and what you like. Most of the times the relationship is very close. so when that rejection comes up it means much more.
    That person is not saying no because what he or she thinks but because he knows who you are. In other words you are good but not as good to be with. LOL! THAT is the fundamental reason for the hurt and not being able to move on. It is not because the person is ugly, or what not (maybe it is) but the meaning is more on the side that person, my friend, does not see me as a potential partner knowing I will do anything to make him or her happy.
    Well I hope I explained something, at least that is what I think. Although dating is different wherever the person is.

• Friendzoning happens. It just takes a punch or two before people realize that when it happens, you need to just walk away and move on. And just as guys get upset about being friendzoned, girls often feel the right to get upset that they friendzone a guy and suddenly he doesn't pay them any attention.

• the only time I get pissed is when a girl tells me im cute out of pity and then turns around and "friend Zones" me to get out of dating me...

• It's just that she doesn't even want to give it a shot. Makes guys get very bitter.

• there is literally nothing wrong with the term. Friend zoning is an accurate term for what happens when a person rejects you romantically, but still wants to continue talking to you. Sounds like you're over-reacting, probably because you have recently taken a lot of heat for rejecting someone

• Never said anything was wrong with it.

• Being eligible for friendship and being eligible for a serious relationship are two totally distinct factors. A girl rejecting you and wanting to remain friends is one thing, being rejected because a girl doesn't want to ruin your friendship is entirely another.

You are describing the situations in which a girl rejects you and still wants to stay as friends. That is not friend-zoning, that is just normal rejection.

• no, its the friendzone. Lord..

• friend zoned means someone sees you as just a friend. what's your problem with that word lol? it's shorter than saying 'someone sees you as just a friend'.

• it's a pretty neutral word. not an angry word. when i like someone as justa friend, i say i friend-zoned them

• but you seemed to have a problem with word 'friend-zone'. if you don't, then fine.

• rejection is a common thing and everybody has been rejected before. So I don't understand why someone of the same or opposite sex, would feel so hurt and tried to cover it up with a word. We all don't get what we want so if that person is not interested you should accept it or leave it. It's annoying seeing so many, Im friend zoned posts. They don't like you. That's all 'friend zoning' is.

What Girls Said 3

• Its simply another way for men to shame women for not being controlled by them sexually. Just as a woman is called a "prude" for not having sex with him. Just as a woman is called a slut for having sex with whom SHE pleases.

As you know, there is no derogatory term for men who sexually/romantically reject women. There are little to no derogatory terms for men in any regard. Besides "dead-beat" (which doesn't bother anyone) and "creep" which seems to be the most hurtful thing you can say to a man who isn't respecting your boundaries/personal space.

• I don't friend zone people if im not interested than im not going to say let's be friends instead because sometimes in the back of their mind they still think one day you will be together. I have very few friends but they are not in the friend zone they just never tried to get with me before.

• What's the question?