Different personalities, but wants to meet again?

Went on a first date with this girl. We did the traditional dinner and movie thing. We both had a good time. She hugged me at the end of the date and said for me to text her later. I texted her and eventually texted if she would like to do it again sometime. Her response was that it seemed like our personalities are different but that she had a good time and that yes we could do it again. I'm kinda confused as to whether she really wants to date again or move more into the friend thing. Girl opinions please.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go on another date with her and ask her personally in a flirty way (if you actually like her) say so what do you see that's different between us? Maybe she's just overthinking it, I know I do it. Doesn't mean anything bad but I think she should get to know you better before saying something like that it takes way more than one date to get to know someone ;)

What Girls Said 5

• she's just saying she needs to get to know you more and don't expect her to be falling head over heels right off the bat.. you shouldn't worry about being put into the friend zone until after a few more dates.. usually if you're being put in the friend zone you go do more public social things like go to a party with her or hang out at a bar with all her friends

• well im not sure why girls are so complicated. whenever i like a guy I keep dating him... if i dont i never go out with him... maybe thats why i dont have many friends.

• She probably is wanting to lasso you into Friendzone. "Personalities being different" hints at "friends can have different personalities, but significant others, not so much." That's my candid opinion as a woman.

• She's inferring that you're not her typical type. Clashing personalities often make the best relationships though! Opposites attract. Keep that in mind. I hope everything work out, good luck!

• I agree she might be a tad bit interested but it's leaning towards friend zone.

What Guys Said 1

• You made two mistakes that I can see already. First date? Dinner is fine, but never, never, never, NEVER do a movie. How can you two get to know each other if you have to spend 1 1/2 - 2 hours not talking? Not even paying attention to each other? Just watching a movie? YOU CAN'T!

Second mistake? You asked her if she'd like to do it again sometime. NO! Wrong!

Lucky for you, she said despite the fact your personalities are different, she'd do it again. She's basically begging you to be a man, and also to show her an appropriate (and hopefully romantic) date. Usually, you would not get this second chance. You do this one time because she picked up on some potential with you.

Do this now:

1. Look at your calendar, and find your next free day.
    2. Compare that day with any days you may know she said she is either available or unavailable (if she mentioned any, that is). If you have a day that matches up for you both, THIS is the day you want. If she made no mention of availability, take your next free day.
    3. You call her (not text, instant message, facebook, or email), and you tell her that you have whatever day free, and you invite her to join you for a good, fun-filled day. "Hello. I have Sunday afternoon free, and I know of something fun we can do that day. I'll pick you up at 1:00, we can have a whole day of fun together." What you are doing here is saying you have put effort into showing her a good time, and you have a plan. You seem decisive, and confident.
    4. If she asks what you have planned, just tell her it's a surprise, but it would be a good idea to let her know how she should dress for the date. If it's outdoors, and it may be cool out, she would appreciate knowing to dress accordingly.
    5. Pick something that involves you two being around as few people as possible, and something that gives you two a chance to really talk and get to know each other. You can even do this kind of thing for minimal/no cost, depending on what you pick.