Why do most women date men based on their looks, and not what's on the inside?

I was with this one girl, and I asked her why does she want to be with me, and her response was because I'm handsome, then I asked her what about my personality, and she said she don't really care for it

Most Helpful Girl

• False completely false, this is another old age myth between men and women, women believe men go for "pretty" girls and men believe girls go for "good looking" men, don't buy into it... you fancy who you fancy... non of us can control who we fall for we just like who we like, haven't you seen how men and women always dress? the majprity anyway... women dress like girly girls believing all men like pretty girly girls just because of the celebs, models or p*rn starts you like and men dress like JLS or some movie start and try to get pumped up in the gym just because some girls fancy JLS or whoever else... but not all of us girls actually fancy JLS or any such cocky idiots like them who thing they have "swag" lmao. I personally find men like that totally ridiculous and big headed (which they are), and when they come up to me they already have it in their minds that i'm like other girls and at i would like them because they dressed like JLS... lmao... then they get all confused and pissed when in reality they are the ones that believe all these preconcieved notions :P. Then women do the same by going up to men believeing all men fancy the same celebs, p*rn stars and models thinking all men find them attractive and they dress like them and think any guy will find them attractive if they dress the same... men and women screw things up for themselves nobody else... lmao. So don't believe any of it.

What Girls Said 6

• First off that's a weird and shitty thing for her to say. (so im sorry about that! jeez )

For me, honestly, yes looks is what grabs my attention *initially*. HOWEVER, once I spend some time with a guy and get to know him, his personality and how he treats me is what makes it or breaks it for me.

the fact that this chick has flat-out told u she doesn't care for ur personality is a red flag she's just using you. my suggestion is dump her for someone who likes the way you look ***AND*** the way you are as a person. without the 2nd part, it will never be anything worthwhile, trust me. respect yourself enough to date a girl who respects *YOU* (inside and out). everyone deserves that.

• (*when i refer to personality, i'm referring to how a guy acts, his intelligence, how he treats other ppl, how he treats me, how he treats himself, and his overall outlook, values and attitudes about life)

• how he carries himself

• It's because you're probably really young and young people are dumb.

All people care about looks and personality. Without being attractive to someone, your personality is only friendship worthy.
    Without being a good/fun/intelligent/etc person your looks are superficial

• It just sounds like you had a bad experience with a rude girl we r not all like that

• I date guys cause of their personalities, looks are just small plus

That doesn't make any sense
    Dating someone cause of their looks?

Just lol lol lol

• Guys do this more than women do.

• The same reason you'd date a woman for her looks then her personality.

• But all men aren't like that, well I know I'm not like that, I don't care about the outer appearance, the inside is what matters to me

• You both are lying. You A relationshipknow damn well if a whoopie goldberg had a beautiful personality, you wouldn't consider a relationship.

• I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you, honestly I don't care what she looks like on the outside, if she's beautiful on the inside, then she's beautiful on the outside

What Guys Said 4

• Many women date guys for very specific reasons. I've seen a crazy amount of cases where this super young girl was dating a really old guy and it was clearly because of finances. Some girls want guys for their looks, some want money, some want both!

You just gotta find a mature woman who does care about your "personality." I put that in quotes because people are so damn vague about it.

• I can assure you that the majority of people will only date attractive people. Sad to say but that's how it is.

'But' I'm sure there may be girls who will date guys just for their personality as well.

• LMAO! Dump her.

• I think a lot of women are looking for other things than just looks , one of the girls I'm friends with goes to the gym a lot and is very good looking , yet she's still interested in getting to know me and be friends with me even though I don't go to the gym and not nearly as built up as most of the other guys at the pub. I'm not saying looks aren't important but girls do want other things from guys , girls like guys they become comfortable with and feel a connection when spending time with each other