Would you be with someone who has a child?

Would you be with a girl that has a child? I am 23 with a 7 year old. Would this be a issue for you? I know some guys are ok with it, but how do you really feel? Does it make me look like a slut? What if you can not stand the child's father? What if you didn't like the way I was raising my child?

Just curious. The guy I'm talking to. I don't think he is overly thrilled about me having a child. Especially since he despises my child's biological father.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't single out a girl just becuase she has a child. I mean you have no clue what happended she could have been raped. I'd treat the child like family as for the father well depends if he's a dick then we will have a problem.

• Thank you for your response. As for the father... he has been nominated for douchebag of the century. ;)

• No problem.

What Guys Said 3

• The child would certainly NOT be an issue (it's young enough). Its biological dad would certainly always be a serious one if he's known and has visiting/custody rights. So would be the father's parents.

• Personally, I don't have a problem with it. Generally though, men usually stay off.

• Nope never :)

What Girls Said 3

• honestly, as long as the kid isn't a little shit, I'd take him/her in as my own, and resolve any issues I have with the biological father, talk with you about the way you raise your kid, and be there as a parent. I love children, so it isn't any bother to me.

• I am sure guys would be ok with that. Happens all the time. Could also find a guy who has a child and that may be easier. shouldn't get with someone to piss of your ex though

• I refuse to date a man with a child. I don't want the issues. Just a personal preference. Double standard, I know.
      I am not getting with someone to Lisa him off. We were never together. We were just "buddies" for a few years. The guys have issues because of stuff that happened in high school and he "my" guy also doesn't like him because of the way he has treated me and how he has never taken care of my child.

• Piss* not Lisa

• Yeah, I was seeing a guy who had two children with two different women. Funny think he's only 23

• I know a 24 year old with 6 kids by 4 different girls. It is what it is. LoL

• Lmao yeah.. It does. Your fine. Fuck him if he doesn't like the fact that you have a child. Find a man who is going to love and value your child just as much as you.

• LoL thank you.