I am a Christian, He is a Mormon, Can we even date?

I am a Christian and we believe we can't date people who aren't "equally yoked". I know very little about the mormon faith. Mormons can date non believers. However, can we date? We both don't drink, smoke, cuss and are waiting. However we have different beliefs. Do our faiths contradict each other?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, your faiths contradict each other in fundamental aspects.

Mormons don't believe that salvation comes from Jesus they simply consider him a prophet whose actions are an example to follow to reestablish your relationship with God

Central to their religion is the teachings of Joseph Smith who established his own set of rules for worship in the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is considered to be of equal standing and value to the Bible.

They also believe we are all spirit children of God who existed in pre-mortal form before being born in material form on Earth.

Not even going to discuss polygamy.

Honestly the differences are so radical, I don't know how a serious Protestant/ Catholic could date a serious Mormon.

Hope something works out for you.

• Thanks for the MH

• Um as a Mormon myself I can tell you that we do believe in salvation by Jesus. Joseph Smith didn't make those rules,, God did. And your one of the few people I've seen on the internet who got the pre-existence thing right. Mormons are actually Christians, just another denomination, with a few differences from others , as all different Christian religions do

What Guys Said 6

• how different exactly are the two? sorry im too lazy to to a google search:P

• that the thing i don't know. I mean I think were pretty similar but my parents seem to think its like horrible for me to go out with a mormon.

• well IMHO I think religious background shouldn't be a thing to keep two people who want to get t know each other separated. if you like whats on the table then roll the dice.

• You both have imaginary friends in the sky, and you probably both still believe in Santa, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny right? I say go for it.

• Yes. But tell him if he knocks on my door trying to tell me about the Jehovah's witnesses, I'm going to die.

• Mormon? What is Mormon? lol

• thats what i am saying haha they are a very strict religion. They are a break off of Christianity. church of latter day saints

• Mormons are considered Christians too. But their beliefs are so radically different than other Christians, even more different than Protestants and Catholics. I don't even see how a serious Protestant and a serious Catholic could date each other.

• Mormons are christians too.

You're just part of a Protestant sect that likes to co-opt the title Christian, so you can play exclusionary games with other sects, like the Catholics, for example.

What Girls Said 0