Should I tell a straight guy that I'm in love with him?

Okay, so I'm a gay male, going into my senior year of high school and I'm hopelessly in love with this guy. The only problem is that he's straight.

I've had a bad habit of falling for straight guys but this particular guy has me falling so hard for him. He's the most attractive person (in my view) that I've ever seen, he's also a senior.

I'm in a predicament trying to figure out if I should tell him if I'm in love with him (or at least attracted to him) because I don't know how he'll respond. I really want to tell him before high school ends, but it's a hard situation. I'm not sure if it would be different if he was gay or not.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you :-)

Thank you commenters, you're very helpful

There is a possibility that he's bi, or gay (if he faked his previous relationship,) and I just want to tell him that I think he's attractive so he knows, maybe make him feel good about his appearence.
Also, I'm not necessarily looking for a relationship, I just really want to tell him that I think he's attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't tell him, even if he is okay with you being gay, straight guys don't always react well when they find out a gay guy is attracted to him. You already know he's straight so there's no way a relationship could happen and it might just backfire on you. Some guys think it's flattering when gay guys are attracted to them but usually they just feel awkward and unsure how to react to the love/attraction or get defensive and angry.
    I would just keep admiring him secretly and hopefully you will find an amazing even more attractive guy who is gay in the future! (:

What Girls Said 5

• ok, so I think you have a higer chance of rejection on this one. Does he have any idea you might be in to him?( of course not... guys right?) Ok, I'm just thinking that this might not be such a good move, at the risk of making him feel uncomfortable, and you also risk leaveing on a strange note if the result is not the one you want to hear. Again, it's just a suggestion. you have the power over what you ultimately decide to do.

• Me too. I am not so sure you should tell him. Unless you think tdlling hom your feelings would really lift a weight from you nd be sort of cathartic. If you see it that way, then go ahead. But make sure the fuy doesn't end up resenting you. What is his opinion in gay ppl? Do you know? Is he accepting? Good luck

• You shouldn't tell him anything

• Ah. I know hits hard dude *hugs*. But if he likes girls you can't change that.

• DONT DO IT

What Guys Said 2

• I think you are only going to get your heart broken. I am sure you can tell if a straight guy is "faking" it. So if you genuinely feel he is straight he has zero romantic interest in you for a relationship. Me personally, I am open and secure with my sexuality. I have never had any gay sexual activities, but I would open to experimenting. If I was single and a guy approached me I could probably be interested. I would not be interested in a relationship or romance, it would be just the sexual experimenting I would like. What I am basically saying is, he is straight, but even if by some remote chance he is like me and open to experiment, I think you would still be heart broken because he won't love you the same way you love him. Like the other posters said, not every guy will take this advancement well. It could end up being very bad and maybe turn violent.

• If he's actually straight, then definitely not. That would be even more pointless than, say, applying for an acting role for which it is advertised that only women should apply! You're just setting yourself up for failure and heartbreak.

But, is it possible that he's bi?

Also you say he's the most attractive person you've ever seen. If it is just about looks, there are easier ways, dude. Well, actually, you're too young for bars and stuff but bear that in mind for the future.