Do girls hate being put on a pedestal because they want to feel like they are below the guy? Because they want the guy to be better than they are?

Is that subconsciously, why girls hate it when guys put them on a pedestal? because it makes them feel like the guy is submissive towards them, they want the guy to be ranked above them, is that why? the guy is meant to be on the pedestal, not the girl?

Most Helpful Girl

• Many people want to be seen as equals and real, live human beings! Shocking, I know.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't mind it... But only sometimes. Constantly being held up to this standard is hard. Along with all the standards set by society? Sometimes it can become too much and we want that "dominating" male figure. It's kind if a give and take. Know when to give her that pedestal and know when to let her be less than perfect. :) just my opinion.

• I don't want to be on a pedestal otherwise I will constantly worry about disappointing the guy.

• I have been put down so much this past year, I would not mind it if a guy complimented me or put me on a pedestal a bit. It does not have anything to do with the way we act in the bedroom. I like to be dominated in bed.

• Who ever said that we don't like it? I personally like to feel equal to a guy. Unless it is in the bedroom

• No one likes a kiss ass

What Guys Said 2

• sounds like a valid observation

• No, it's because nobody likes a person with low self-esteem and nobody wants to deal with that kind of attention or pressure of not being seen as a normal person.

Nobody is meant to be on a pedestal and nobody wants to feel above or below anyone they're involved with. People want to enjoy a person's company, not constantly hear them whine all the time or fear that they're going to get dumped.