Has he or will he ever realize he wants me?

So I dated this guy that I believed was an amazing guy. Although, truth be told (even his mom said this) there isn't any other girl besides his mom and I that would put up with everything he does. We dated for almost two years have been apart for 8 months. I am honestly the only girl that he has ever dated or had a thing with that he keeps coming back to. He says I am the only one he trusts and the only one that ever saves him from his problems. But right now he isn't talking to me for about the last 2 and a half weeks. He says I am way too into him to just be friends and that he just holds me back from focusing on life. He doesn't want to see me hurt anymore. But he led me on! His mom says this is partially her fault because she told him if he didn't have feelings don't be inviting yourself to spend the night at her house and hang out and watch movies with her as much as you do. So thus our friendship came crashing down. He says I am genuine and that he loves how nice I am and I am very attractive.. he is just sick of me trying to be friends with him but letting my love for him show way to much. So my question after (sorry) a long explanation; Has he subconsciously realized already I am the one he needs? Or will he soon if I leave him alone?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've personally known a guy like this, couple years of a relationship etc etc. Spare some time on the side to at least date other guys, just for the hek of it. Just do it. You can keep trying to win him completely if you want but, if you really want to get over someone you can try by completely seperating for a while and focusing your attn on your career, education, and other men. Try it out, good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• He needs to help himself. You can't be his nurturer and provider. He needs to come out of his slump and start getting his life and priorities together. If he can't take care of himself and his problems, what makes you think he's for a relationship?

• Because he is trying to be in one with another girl. They are dating but not at the same time because he leaves for college in a little over a month and she is just a junior in high school. They don't think it is worth having such a short relationship if it is going to end soon so they are a "relationship without the title"

What Girls Said 1

• Wait, I'm confused. Did he make the comment about you being "too into him" after you dated right? Is it common for you to break up and make up all the time?

• Yes. he said that about two weeks ago. We broke up 8 months ago. In our two year relationship it was pretty solid. nothing more than a few day break up once. It was when we weren't dating that we would need space apart and him or I would run back to the other for just a friendship. He never runs back to other girlfriends just me acting as though we never quit talking.