Is my bf overreacting, all opinions welcomed! :)?

So I ran into my ex bf a few days ago I haven't seen him since the break 8mths ago, we exchanged a generic conversation of how are you's and he gave me a hug and we said bye... I told my bf in a conversation how my day was and I ran into my ex, he flipped a brick got all moody with me and acted weird, honestly I don't think I've done anything wrong! :/ what to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You would have done the same if it was other way round. He sees it like a bad sign. Everyone knows that one cannot remain as friends with ex.
    He might have over reacted due to several reasons. Obviously insecurities is one of them.
    But if you take a vow that you will never meet ur ex, then he will act normal again.
    There is nothing wrong with meeting people but tell me... how will you handle human psychology which are filled with insecurities?
    If you are repeating this in future, it will become trouble some.
    But my logical point is that... If you know that it is bothering him and also your bf is more important than your ex, then why would you wanna do those things which would hamper any healthy relationship?
    I have seen people ruining relationships like this. Hence i am telling you , even if meeting or hugging your ex isn not wrong , still avoid doing that. Testing anyone's patience is not good.

What Guys Said 7

• you didn't do anything wrong and he is overreacting but it is rather normal for this to happen. it tends to just conjure insecurity in people when they hear that their partner spoke with their ex. just nicely tell him that it is nothing for him to worry about... but just consider how you might feel if he mentioned that he ran into and talked to his ex. you may not be overly jealous or act crazy but it can stir up something

• You've certainly not done wrong. If the two of you have been together for a long period before the break-up, it's quite normal that ther's still a bond and that you like having a chat and even giving each other a hug.
    Your boyfriend is probably just afraid. We guys get nervous than... what I would not do however is start seeing your ex too often of talking about him a lot. Could be like pouring fuel onto an open fire.

But, yes, he is overreacting!
    What to do? Talk to him about it. Ask him what exactly makes him so nervous. And reassure him, if necessarry.

• Your boyfriend has jealousy issues and is insecure with himself and your relationship.
    You didn't do anything wrong.
    Ask him why he is so upset at this and just listen to what he has to say. It could be nothing, just a momentary issue he had or it could show a controlling side he has.

• Nothing. His feelings aren't your responsibility. He's being insecure and has to work through it himself.

• Yes he's over reacting completely! He may have trust issues but it's not all bad as it shows he definitely cares for you! I'd be happy if a girl I was seeing remained friends with their X as who am I to tell them who they can hangout with.

• no... nothing wrong with that... it just matter of time... some people overreacts sometime... nothing wrong

• Never mention the ex

What Girls Said 1

• LOL some guys are like that. If I ever run into a guy I used to bang, and told him about it he would flip out!
    He hates him so much!! That type of jealousy is hot though IMO.

• Yeah one day when your husband or boyfriend runs in to another hot chick and keep telling you how hot those were chicks on bed then your face must be really a photogenic to capture with my lens.

• Hahahahaah good one ma boi x)

• She didn't say she gave her current boyfriend details of her sex life with her ex.
      If my bf runs into an ex I would just ride him even more that night. A reminder why he is with me and not those stupid whores.
      Plus ignoring the past doesn't mean it's not there. People have to be reasonable.