Guy I started seeing calls me dude. Why does he do this?

I just feel so weird when he calls me dude it's as if he just sees me as his bud and doesn't view me as a romantic interest.

He doesn't do it all the time thought but at times.

Most Helpful Guy

• How does he use the word with you?

There's a pretty big difference between the following uses:

"hey dude, how's it going?" (using dude as a name for someone)

-and-

"Dude, hell yeah! I loved that movie too!" (Using it casually in the middle of conversation, more so as a way to express excitement for something)

What Guys Said 5

• maybe because he doesn't see you as a romantic interest... yet? or it could just be his personality

• So call him bra. "What's up brah?".

• I said 'man' to a girl I was seeing by accident... I made a slightly surprised face for a moment and hoped she got the message that I didn't mean to say it...
    So if he only said it once or twice and does show interest in other ways, then don't sweat it, but if he says it a lot and doesn't show any signs like flirting etc., then maybe he isn't interested.

• Calm down dude, it's just a pronoun.

• he's losing interest probably

What Girls Said 5

• Why don't you just ask him, and tell him that it feels weird?

• Some people just have a habit of calling everybody dude, even their romantic interest. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if he keeps calling you that, call him out on it. Talk to him about how it makes you feel and what you would rather be called. Chances are he doesn't realize how it affects you.

• Could be many things. Tell him to stop.

• I think it's a bit rude.. You're probably just being friend-zoned.

• lmao sorry, well it's a catchy word he uses, tell him to stop