Do guys hate scars? Is it a turn off?

I've had 7 surgeries. I have nasty looking scars on my body and I'm bit insecure about them. No guy has ever seen me naked.

They are long and visible. 2 of them are on my arm and the few on my breasts. ( infection and necrosis)

Is it a big turn off for guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly that wouldn't bother me.. I bet you have stories to tell. My sister was burned on like 70% of her body and she is engaged to be married soon. There are special guys out there that really don't care about that stuff.

What Guys Said 14

• Everyone has scars. They aren't ideal, but in most cases they aren't going to be a big deal. Most of the time, while women are worrying about what the guy thinks of her body, the guy is going to be worrying about what she thinks of his body. I mean have you seen how many questions there are about penis size alone?

• People's assessment of attractiveness is generally not very influenced by scars.

What we find attractive is based on what makes someone genetically desirable and since scars aren't passed to children our feelings sort of filter them out.

• Not for me. I have had GFs with gall bladder surgery scars, kidney surgery scars, and caeseran scars.
    didn't mind at all, actually liked the stories that go with them! It's only flesh, I care about what is on the inside.

• i too have scars because of shaving... but sometimes scars can give you sex appeal... REALLY! imagine that you are a movie star and you come back after a fighting scene. you'll have scars and probably be hot ;D

• I'm into scars. It's a big turn on for me.

• This is news. Why do they turn you on?

• Next time, read description first, I appreciate your opinion though.

• I have ayslexid

• If he loves you, it won't be a big deal!

• I actually find some scars and birthmarks to be cute. If there's one you really dislike I believe you can get tattoos over scars.

• I doubt it, my skin is extremely sensitive. I might get an allergic reaction.

• they would make me curious as to where you got them from, but its not a turnoff. we all get scares there's nothing we can do about them but accept them.

• No, I usually hope for a good story to go with.

• Scars wouldn't bother me, if I like a girl, I like her regardless of scars.

• Not at all. They're fine to me.

• wouldn't bother me ay all sweetie

• Necrosis is pretty nasty. I don't know, it honestly depends.

• They cut it off... and you can't see that something has been removed, just the scars.

• hmm not sure.

• no. not for the right one. I bet your still pretty;)

What Girls Said 2

• Would you really want to be with a guy who hated something about you that you have 0 control over?

• No of course not but I was wondering if most guys find it ugly. I can choose my partner but not what other people think

• Even if most guys did, then so what? They're not worth your time.
      Any decent human being is and will be able to look past your scars, whether they're internal or external. So don't worry. :)

• I know it sounds cliche but anyone who would be turned off by that is not really worth your time.