What should I do? Guys opinions please?

There's this guy i know who i met on this past cruise that i went on, and he has adhd. He is also a swimmer and seems to have a few swim meets every now and then. I texted him 2 days ago with just a simple "hi". He usually replies fairly quickly. We do the question game too. I'm so confused as to why he doesn't want to text me. I feel like it's his dad who took his phone away too because his parents are divorced and he has to live with his dad for 2 months out of the summer which he hates a lot and he's told me a lot about it too. I just don't know what to do right now! I care about him, i just don't know how to tell him that i do! I've already told him he's more than welcome to text me whenever. What else is there to do? I don't want to seem too needy or too desperate either. Please help! Any advice would be helpful! The problem is that i care too much about him, and i don't know what makes me care so much about him!

He usually tells me why he can't text me either. It's unusual that he isn't responding, and i don't want to have to call him and seem desperate or needy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Take it slow and let him come to you. It seems like you've developed feelings for him very quickly and it's important to slow down and take things one step at a time so you don't build unrealistic expectations too soon and start needing things from him too soon. Many times men are turned off by needy behavior because it signals (consciously or unconsciously) that the woman has expectations and men can feel pressured if they feel a girl is pushing for a relationship/in the relationship direction too soon. So take some time away from texting him, if he wants to he will. If he drops out of contact move on to the next guy. It's hard when things are new and exciting right out of the gate, but you have to give him time to want to pursue you and if you're overly available to him or read as needy for his responses it may push him further away. Get to the heart of your own feelings and ground them a little bit so you don't over invest yourself too soon. I hope that's helpful!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0