The guy I'm seeing keeps talking about ex. Red flag?

like he keeps saying ex, ex, ex. does he still have feelings for her? :(

it sucks because I don't wanna ate someone who still isn't over their ex :*(
I'm afraid to date him now because I don't wanna get hurt in the end :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the context and frequency. Also just because he brings her up doesn't mean he isn't over her. I dated someone who did the same thing and after a while it became really fucking annoying even though I knew she had 0 feelings for the guy. How long ago did they break up?

• Thank you for your answer! They broke up 3 years ago and dated for 8 years. He said he stopped being confident after she broke up with him.

• Yeah unless they've been keeping in touch or he's obsessive I highly doubt he still loves her. Talk to him about it because it really makes you lose attraction towards him if he keeps doing it.

What Guys Said 7

• It's possible. I wouldn't either, It's possible that he is either trying to get over her through dating someone new that he cares for.

Or he still has feelings for her, did he just start talking to her again? How close/how long ago were they dating before he started dating you?

• They broke up three years ago and they dated for 8 years and she's dating someone now.

• LEAVE. asap.

• Massive red flag!
    If he is talking to you about his ex all the time with you then that means she is still in his mind and heart, if you like him more than just a friend then ide suggest you just let him go and find another guy

• He still has some feelings for her. For me it would be a red flag. He needs more time alone.

• He still loves his ex :D

• Red fucking flag!! Get out

• He is not over her. Tell him that it bothers you, that you really don't want to hear about it, and that it is either past and forgotten or you are his past.

What Girls Said 2

• yes i be afraid too then convince him to go back to his ex and see what will happen next.. ditch him girl

• YES, BIG TIME. If he isn't over his ex then how can he move to someone new? Tell him honestly that when he is completely over her you guys can revisit the relationship.