In the current era, earning a woman's love is tougher than climbing mount Everest. Agree?

The question says it all. Due to the rise of feminism in recent years and changes in gender roles, it has become ridiculously difficult for a man to earn a woman's affection. This is compounded by the fact that women usually don't have to put in efforts to fine a partner. They can just sit around without raising a finger, and they get asked out by men left and right, so that they can 'pick and choose' the best among them while rejecting the others.

But for a man, even if he has a lot of desirable characteristics, he has to compete with other men who may be better than him, in order to gain a particular woman's love. And there's no way for any man to know how better (or worse) the other men competing for the same woman are. The only possible exceptions may be some highly privileged men who are gifted with extreme good looks, tremendous wealth, or something else which makes them 'stand out' from the 'ordinary' men. Agree or disagree? Both men and women can answer the poll and give your opinions.

P. S. I'm not talking about getting women to agree for one night stands or friends with benefits, because those aren't difficult at all. I'm referring to men who would like to earn a woman's love and affection more on an emotional level (rather than physical), and for long term.

• Yes
  • No
  • Can't say

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure why some guys have this idea that dating isn't hard for women. I've probably made the first move as many times as I've had guys approach me, and I've been rejected. Maybe there are women who just sit back and wait for guys to line up, but I highly doubt that it's the norm. At no point in my life have I ever known a woman who had it that easy when it came to relationships. Dating is hard in general, it's not gender-specific.

• You are one of the very few exceptions then. I admire you for having broken the old, stupid, outdated 17th century tradition which says 'Men should always make the first move'. Anyway, I agree that both the partners need to put in efforts to MAINTAIN a relationship. But to START that relationship, its definitely MUCH MUCH harder for men.

• Well... in that case, why are the number of single women MUCH less than the number of single men? And why do we have so many questions from men on sites like GAG, saying that they're having issues finding women date, whereas such questions from women are significantly lesser? i agree that GAG or any other website isn't indicative of men or women in general, but it would obviously give a fairly good idea of the reality.

• Do you have statistics that show that there are more single men than women, or are you basing it on observations? Same goes for questions on GAG. Confirmation bias--we give more weight to examples that prove our ideas right and disregard those that disprove them, or label them as exceptions. In my opinion, the number of single women isn't much less than the number of single men, it's about even.

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps. Some of this has been written about and there are web sites that attract men who are sort of fed up with the idea of women who put men through various "shit" tests to determine if the guy is even worthwhile. Sites like Men Going Their Own Way, Nomarriage, and EternalBachelor have popped up for very real reasons. Books have appeared on the subject and go by names like "Manning Up" by Kay Hymowitz and "Man Down" by Dan Abrams. Some of the arguments put forth in these books are straightforward and simple and others more complicated.

One of the stated arguments is that women have gained and are still gaining equality. Women are in organized sports, gyms, board rooms, medicine, law, and they are CEOs and run for president of the United States. There is strong evidence that women outnumber men attending college and universities located in major cities. Yet when it comes to romance women are not so sure about equal roles. They still want men to take the lead and there are lots of men who are disgusted by the duplicity of it. A guy's point of view might go something like this --- I am the one who is supposed to approach, strike up a conversation, ask for the first date, pay for the first date, lean forward for the first kiss, ask and pay for the second date, take the lead on sex, buy the first present, ask her to be my GF, buy a ring and get down on one knee --- like WTF?

No doubt that it can be confusing for young men in this generation to find a woman when more and more of them have become self-sufficient. Perhaps women are becoming much more picky and materialistic. I don't know, but I have read about it and one take-away I have is that it might be tougher for a guy these days to find romance. Like I said the arguments are long and complicated, but I suspect some of what you are saying is true.

• Wow! You sir, speak the absolute truth!

What Girls Said 8

• Can't really say for sure...

I do believe that the men I've met so far (with an exception of a very rare few) weren't in the least bit interesting, nice or smart enough for me to be interested in them. THIS may be the problem.
    But it may be something entirely different.

Really couldn't say.

• Can't really say for sure

I do believe that the men I've met so far ( with an exception of a very rare few) weren't in the least bit interesting, nice, or smart enough for me to be interested in them. THIS may be the problem.

Really couldn't say!!!

• depends on the woman I'm sure

• I wouldn't compare it to that, no

• Pretty sure its always been a struggle.

• No its not.

• It's not easy to be in love. That's been true in the past and it's still true today. It hasn't changed

• If you want a good woman for a long term relationship and you think she is the one, then whatever you do to earn her love is worth it and yes. The thing is why a good woman will accept less than she thinks she deserves for ex: lets say a guy who just want to play around, she deserves someone who have the same expectations in life as her, not someone who doesn't have an idea of what he wants from life or serious relationship with long term commitments. So yes earning the love of "some" women nowadays is getting tougher, because her expectations are higher every time. Agree.

What Guys Said 9

• You are absolutely right. But it hapoens because we tend to fall in love with wrong ones.
    We think we should get hers love too because i love her. Butbit doesn't happen.
    I will love her and she loves someone is today's reality. It doesn't happen with everyone but the fact is getting sex is easier than getting love for both men and women ( especially in western countries).
    We actually never approach the desirable ones because we personally don't find attractive to them while those desirable ones might bd having genuine crush on you.
    So it is chaos. For some it is working while for some it is not.
    Although i agree feminism problems in your country is adding fuel to fire.
    single mothers, high divorce rates , promiscuity and what not. Plus guys who want easy sex are making women forcefully to lower their standards.
    Everyone wants love from most beautiful people and giving them attention while uglier ones are thinking " hellooo.. anyone there who can love me too?"

• Great answer! And for your information, my country is the same as your country (I guess you assumed I'm from the US)! Yeah, I'm a proud Indian too, but not even one-hundredth of you in terms of physical attractiveness.

• So it's you! Haha i know you here. I am following you now.
      You are good looking bro.. don't worry

• I didn't get the 'follow' notification! Anyway, thanks a lot!

• I wouldn't say it is that hard... But it does take some work and effort which makes it more rewarding.

• Yeah, putting in so much effort to get the woman of your dreams in indeed rewarding. But when she eventually finds a greener pasture (read: a 'better' man), all your efforts would come to naught, and your hard earned rewards would be taken away from you within a few minutes.

• The vast majority of men that I know have earned the love of a woman to some degree... most of them are married, and almost none of them are either rich or exceptionally good looking.

• I've seen many average Joes with hot girls.

• Read my P. S. part. Are you sure they were into long term relationships, and not in it just for sex?

• Girls are actually more picky and shallow when it comes to one night stands or friends with benefits rather than in relationships.

• Its easy as fuck if you meet the right person. Too easy, really, like, last time, I didn't even try and next thing I know she's in love with me.

• Maybe you're amongst the 'privileged few' I mentioned. Do you have drop-dead handsome looks, wagonloads of money, or something else which makes you stand out from other men?

• Well... you're right. Your physical characteristics are something which women would die for. So I'm not really surprised that you aren't having any difficulty in getting women to love you. Confidence matters, but your physical advantages are more than enough to mask any confidence issues you may be having.

• dude, I haven't had sex in 3 years. I haven't even touched a girl's ass in 3 years.
      I've had plenty of girls hit on me online, I've gotten countless nudes from them, but none of it really matters cause all the girls I've tried to fuck in person haven't been down.

• I wouldn't say it's any more difficult now than it has been in the past. Attractiveness, compatibility, and financial stability have always been the primary qualities that women seek.

• Well... in the past, all this used to be a no-nonsense thing. People met, fell in love, got married and had kids. It was usually that simple, without any kind of drama involved. This was also the case with my parents and grandparents (and most people of their generation). But in the current world, its definitely MUCH MORE difficult than that.

• Yeah, you have to be very good looking or loaded with money or be popular in a way or another.
    Obviously not everyone can be good looking as being good looking means being better looking than others, same with money and being popular.

• I dont know about guys in general but at least for me it is.

• For me too. That's why I gave up on women ages ago, and have come to realize that my life or happiness need not be dependent on a woman's presence in my life.

• All those guys that died of hypothermia because women treating them so cold. Everest pales in comparison. Right..

• I'm quite certain that the number of men who would have committed suicide after being shunned by women would exceed the number of men who died while climbing Mount Everest.

• I'm NOT implying that women are responsible. Not at all. But the fact is that women's standards today are so high that most men can't meet those standards. Wise men don't give a crap and realize that life's happiness need not be dependent on women, while the weak minded ones take their own lives.

• Bullshit.