My boyfriend has visited his ex 2/3 times a week without telling me, he denies anything intimate, should I believe him?

I've been with my boyfriend for about a month and I stayed at his place for a week except for one night. A few days later I used his phone to ring somebody and I saw 3 calls to his ex on the night we weren't with each other but I ignored this.

About 2 weeks ago, I looked through his texts to her and saw that he has been going to her place frequently over the last few months, 2/3 times a week to smoke marijuana. When i confronted him about it, he denies that they are anything more than friends but I don't believe him inside. He told me earlier in the relationship that he was with this girl for 8 months last year but has never spoke about her or said that they are good friends.

We haven't spoken about since then and I don't know what to do. Am i naive to think to that he isn't cheating or should I trust my instinct?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a step in the right direction to cheating. Too much secrecy isn't that good, but too little is just pathetic.

What Guys Said 2

• Trust your instinct that's a red flag
    Of course they are having sex!

• I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

So, I say believe him.

But, give him an ultimatum: You are his girlfriend now, she is past. If he continues to see her, forget him.
    You can't be certain that an old flame is not rekindled.

And if he spends more time with her, than with you, she is his girlfriend not you.

It is not the amount of sex, that makes you his girlfriend, but the time you spend together.

What Girls Said 2

• girl ! dont believe his ass nuh huh. nope girl! dont u do it. be smart. once dick and pussy get together u got something on urr hands ! u are naieve. he's lying he wants to keep u blinded. that bitch trying to steal him from u. u tell him i dont believe u its me or her. and he's behavior dont change u ditch him cuz men be sneaking. no more excuses. he ain't shit yo. u go be with a man and tell me how would it feel if u done it to him. he's a liar.. plus there's drugs in the mix girl they are fucking . believe it. its an no brainer. dont matter what he saids

• Leave him be.