Why am I alone and what should I do?

I'm a nineteen, almost twenty, year old girl who has never had a boyfriend. I'm a virgin, all I've ever done is kiss a guy.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have lots of friends, guys and girls. I'm supporting myself through university by modelling at the largest agency in Australia, where I live (I say this only to demonstrate that people, or at least some people, find me attractive). I'm a nice girl and though I do have standards they aren't overly high.

I've gone out with a couple of guys but it never gets past a couple of dates. It just fizzles out, I don't know why. Most of the time it just feels like their is no connection.

What am I doing wrong towards guys?
How should I meet guys to potentially date? What are some good places?
Any advice at all would be more than welcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• You sound like my best friend history wise.. she has also only kissed guys but never had a formal boyfriend or even date. And I also can't understand it because she's a beautiful girl with the most sincere personality. I guess I'm also stuck with this problem but for me it's always bad timing. I fall for guys who aren't ready for relationships all the time and yeah... I guess I just can see where you're coming from. I don't think the problem is you. I mean if you do your best to keep things going but aren't getting the same effort back from the guy then it's likely 99% NOT you.. but the guy. It takes two to tango so please remind yourself of this. You know what you're giving and if they're not giving it back then it's them. They likely just don't feel a connection. That's the reality of dating. Some people will make a connection with you while others don't. This is nature's warning sign of helping you get closer to the person you are supposed to be with. At least this is what I believe :)

Where can you meet guys... well you're at uni so I'd say try to take advantage of that. I'm 20 and also at uni and even though the guys my age are still super immature and just want hook ups, I know there are probably some guys in the background who are older or more mature... but you just need to be open minded and try to get in the right environment for meeting these guys. Avoid frat parties... instead go to other types of events. I'm sure there are some other social activities at your uni. Just look around or ask around. I know we have many societies at my uni and I'm going to make a point of it to actually join a few clubs this semester. I suggest you do the same!

What Guys Said 4

• I have a lot of trouble even getting girls to talk to me but the one's that do are just being nice they'd never go out with me so I know what it's like have you ever thought about asking a Guy out instead of waiting on one to ask you out

• Just haven't come across the right guy. Get active (if you are not already) with groups or organizations that will allow you exposer to as many people as possible. Even new girlfriends may have a single friend or brother.

• It's the same deal with me...

• Im thinking you're dating the wrong type of guys... what you need to do is write down a list of qualities you want in a guy. Then narrow it down to a few and then look at where you will find that type of guy.

eg. you like athletic guys and ones that go hiking, swimming etc.. Then you know you gotta visit the gym maybe to find one.

eg. you like reading, writing, talking about interesting topics. Then maybe you need to hit up the library and find a guy that likes that kind of stuff too.

What Girls Said 2

• Have you got friends to introduce their friends to you?
    It can't be that bad if you're not looking.

• You're not doing anything wrong -
    You don't need to search for a guy to be happy, you just haven't stumbled upon a potential boyfriend.