So to sum it up:
- I met this amazing girl online, a lot has happened, and right now she doesn't wanna date because she is getting professional help for her problems (she actually went out of her way to hand me a receipt of a place she went to). Again, she initially liked me, but right now needs time to herself
- I did notice however, she is active on the dating site we met on. when i asked her about this, she wasn't defensive, she simply said "Because i like to just talk to people, and find other people to play online with" (she's an online gamer, like me)
That just sounds weird to me, because how do i know if she's still on the look out or not (cause its a dating website)? and its a DATING site, guys will hit on her. what if she finds someone she ends up liking more then me?
She's been totally open and honest with me, so i suppose all i can do is trust her word, but still im skeptical :(
I do recall asking her, a week after that above convo (asking her why she's still on there), if she's actually met/flirted with anyone off there and she assured me she's not/hasnt
i'm kinda thinking of making a fake profile to message her and ask "what she's looking for" but i feel that would continue to make me unnecessarily paranoid
Anyway opinions guys/girls?
- dont be paranoid, she's not doing anything wrong17% (1)0% (0)10% (1)Vote
- be paranoid50% (3)25% (1)40% (4)Vote
- other (post what)33% (2)75% (3)50% (5)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
She liked you, but doesn't anymore. Yes, it's as simple as that. Just because she'll still talk with you, does not mean she still kinda likes you. That's not an indicator.
I don't understand about being "paranoid". Yeah, she pretty much stretched the truth -- of course. Honest people do that. She doesn't want to feel bad. There's some truth to what she's saying, but I hate to break it to ya: Yeah, she's on a DATING SITE. It doesn't mean she's looking for a boyfriend -- which she knows she's not ready for -- but new people to merely hang with in person is good.
She probably sensed you were more into her than she was into you, and that turned her away -- she's not emotionally ready for that -- whether she has a counselor or not -- that was just to re-inforce things, that's all.
You should just walk away. She doesn't want to date anymore -- what good is hanging in the background going to do? Yeah, she's going to get the D from another guy at some point in the not too distant future. She's keeping her options open. Your situation closed out -- move on. Don't cling to it or get wrapped up that she told you things that were both true & not-so-true. You'll be kicking yourself for hanging around!0
- Show AllShow Less