Is it better for the relationship to develop over time or is it okay to get in a relationship even in a short amount of time?

I feel like the faster you tend to go into a relationship the faster it ends. Or the faster the feelings tend to drift away. While if it develops over time its more likely to last just as long and maybe not even end. So is it better to wait and not jump into a relationship so quick even if you both know you like each other?

Most Helpful Girl

• to a very lasting relationship it is not a matter of time, the action are what makes it end.. u can always show love and that u care but without being too clingy. but ofc u should take it step by step i mean don't just jump into the girl and say that u love her from day one, some say great things take time, but i believe not only the time is what it take it is the efforts you make. so you should always be smart when u start something give yourself to that person but not all of it.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think one is better than the other. I know some couples who knew eachother for a few years before ending up together and I know couples who met and started a relationship within a month of knowing eachother. Both couples live together and are happy, thinking about the future together.

I do think you should give it time and start something when it feels right for the both of you. Like when you met and after a month you feel you could start a relationship, the feelings are there and all that, I don't see why you should wait to start something. Though I'm not a fan of love (or lust/attraction) at first sight, very misleading.

• It's up to the both of you. None of the two is better, it just depends on how you'll help each other make the relationship strong.

• Time. When feelings have time to develop and grow they will be deeper and stronger.

• I've found it depends entirely on the person. Some people it "develops" right away whether or not I have a choice.. One date and bam I'm in love, others it takes months to years but the outcome is always the same. The second one may feel like a more steady relationship opposed to head over heels.. That said, the longer you wait the more the feelings grow. If you really like this girl, I wouldn't torture yourself by waiting too long..

• It's all based on how comfortable you two feel together. You can take everything slow, take a few things fast, or go full speed. But taking things slow would probably be best.

• It can work out in both cases. It really depends on the individuals

What Guys Said 1

• Most guys I know prefer to let a relationship happen over time. They like to meet the girl, get to know her, become friends and eventually more. The only exception to the rule is obviously when he's looking for that one thing and that one thing only.

Girls on the other hand have this small window/grace period to be in a relationship and if a guy doesn't capitalize on it, he gets doomed to the friendzone. That being said, it's the guy's job to approach the girl therefore he has to cater to her "rules." Girls like to have a fresh, new mysterious guy. That fresh, new, mysterious guy has to ignite a specific spark of interest in her in order to avoid the friend zone. It's strange how differently women are wired than we are. Men tend to prefer to date someone that they are very comfortable with and someone that they know very well. Obviously not all humans are the same but generally speaking, this is what I've noticed.