I can't seem to meet anyone in new york?

biggest city in the world and i can't seem to meet a guy and go out on a date at least. i dont know why its so hard to meet people. i go to restaurants mainly shopping stores, i take public transportation, im always at work also, and then im tired and go home, i dont club or go to bars... how am i supposed to meet someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol thats makes two of us, born and raised in NYC and find it harder than ever to find a lady that I can relate to.

• some of my friends can't find guys either. NYC is a piece of shit!!!

What Guys Said 6

• That's kind of the point now isn't it. That's just one of the reasons why I hate living in a city area. People are just to busy doing their own thing paying all the expense of living in the city, whatever city that may be. Country girls have less to do and more time on their hands, I noticed that when I was traveling across the USA. I can't wait to move, whenever that is, LOL!

• i should move too

• There was this girl that was going to a University in NYC, she was like wanting to go for the city lights and people and stuff and I was saying, here in Georgia, (around the Atlanta area) all your missing is that many sky scrapers, heck, stay her for a few more decades and you'll see buildings like that here to.

I mean I don't care what state it is, I'm not going to move to any area that is condensed with people/buildings/streets. NYC is among the worst if not the worst in that regard.

• What do you like to do in your spare time?

• walk around, shop, grab lunch at whole foods, or coffee at a coffee shop, should i be making eye contact with random guys or will i look like a desperate fool?

• Anytime you're alone you'll be more approachable. Just start doing things outside of what your normal interests are. Take up a hobby. Find a group that shares that same interest. That will help you meet more people.

• thanks u i will try

• Two things.

Firstly, New York City is not the biggest city in the world.
    Secondly, what do you do to meet people?

• Im in NY, Where in NY are you? You got the museums uptown in the 100s. You got the MET on 34th, you got the television museum I think in midtown

• God I hope your not on Staten Island. There is nothing out here unless your a history nut. You got the Conference House, Snug Harbor, Alice Austen House.

• Im in SI.. thats why I posted that... opposed to manhattan.. we are the smallest biggest city. especially where I live.

• Inbox me please. I think I can direct you..

• Everyone in NY is either taken or not worth dating.

• NYC is a notoriously difficult place for a woman to date.

• For men as well.. I live about 16 miles from NYC and sometimes I think more is not better.. because of my location (In CT) NYC girls don't want to mess with me because I'm too far from them. you can never win.. and what sucks is dating websites still give listings for girls in the NYC area and this is with setting the range for 10 miles..

• it sucks so bad i was born here never imagined it to be this way

What Girls Said 4

• i usually just hang out with friends, and from there, they introduce me to new people. so its kinda like friends of friend. sometimes even a bit further than that. i dont think id ever be able to get someone without connections.
    other than that... you gotta dress to impress and just walk around trying to catch peoples attention haha

• it makes me so sad that I've gotten this desperate

• its hard to meet people without connections or online dating. most people are too scared to approach some random pretty girl in the streets. theyd just check you out and do nothing.
      random people usually approach when you're with a group of friends. depends what you're doing though. like you could be playing a sport/game and theyd ask to join or youd ask to join. i seem to meet most people like that.

• thanks, you're right i have to socialize more

• Same! But ny guys are really nice when you ask a question... and everyone in my dorm has a ok cupid and it'd how they meet guys and gals :p

Get one of those and only neet in st marks and stuff in the daytime
    (19 in nyc for school)

• NYU I bet right?

• i go to union sq all the time but i dont know how to approach guys? or do i wait from afar and make eye contact?

• Well, I'm really derpy when it comes to that stuff so to be honest I have no idea, but I swear like guys looove when you ask questions so just ask how to get somewhere and then smile and keep eye contact BUT be warned, most men in manhatten are married, comfortable in there careers (it is manhatten). I think you should do activities or group meets with things that interest you. You have fun and be content and a person can approach you because they are interested in you. Its been working for me lately haha.

• Why can't you find someone In New York? There are so many people

• Try New Jersey. It's close enough