I am 22 years old, Jewish and head over heels in love with a Muslim Pakistani guy. Please tell me how I could make this work?

I'm afraid of driving him away by making a move. I think about him all the time, he is really handsome and charming, and I can't stop thinking about him. He is fairly religious, but not at all a bigot since he has non-muslim friends. Please, I know many might think this is just an obsession, but I deserve to be with someone I like, don't I?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't make it work if either of you actually follow the rules of your religion. Neither of you are suppose to marry outside of your religion. Otherwise you are just picking and choosing the parts you like about your faith, and ignoring the rest. Both of you would have to not take your religions seriously, or one of you would need to convert.

It is very common for people to not take their faith seriously, (although they will disagree) and do the exact opposite of what their faith says they are suppose to do. So your religion may not be an issue at all.

What Guys Said 4

• From what I've seen it will depend entirely on how religious his parents and close family are.

Sadly, jews are not viewed very well in some sects of islam. Even at that, in a large majority of sects, relationships with any non-muslim person are shunned.

there's no harm in testing him and seeing how he'd feel about it. Just dont get your hopes up. All too often religion pointlessly gets in the way.

• Go back in history and you both are related. Most all Muslim are related to the Jewish people through Abraham and with that said, Go for it. You may be blessed in a odd way. Good luck,

• Awww... its sad when things like this get in between people. It really depends on what his views are in regards to his partner not being a muslim. I've seen instances where the woman would have to convert upon marriage and such; but you never know unless you try.

• Romeo and Juliet did it and so can you :), but does he feel the same way has given subtle hints or lots of strong body language hints that he likes you?

What Girls Said 2

• Hey. Christian girl here dating a muslim. Whats up? How can I help?

• how do I approach him? We do talk a few times, and I really enjoy the time I get with him, so I'm afraid of messing that up!

• when there is love (and respect), you can make everything work.