Do you think it's possible for someone to be friends with their exes?

Basically the question. Can someone be friends with an ex, even if the relationship was a serious one?

Or is that not really likely and is probably a bad idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is possible. It all depends on how it ended and how both of you feel about being friends after the break up. I broke up with my ex after a serious relationship and we're still best friends now. It shouldn't change anything really. It gave us funny stories and inside jokes that no one else can begin understand.

What Guys Said 1

• its possible but not for me. Its all or nothing. Why would you want to watch someone you have feelings for get some other bf? Why would you want to find out what she is doing one night and want to be with her? Why would you want all those things running through your mind? I dont. Most guys agree I think.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm just going to come right out and say that being friends with an ex will not be for the best. There is no it's possible or it depends. I've already been cheated on because my boyfriend (we're still together despite it), had kissed his ex back when she decided to kiss him. I really don't like the fact that he's still friends with his exes, but I can't really do anything about it. All in all, if you or your significant other can deal with you being friends with an ex, then it's fine. But if not, then you or your SO will have to decide if your relationship is worth more than the friendship.

• It is possible but I never see why anyone feels the need to do it. I prefer to leave my past behind me and move forward. It does not matter how it ended, I don't want to be cordial with or friendly with someone I was romantically involved with. I look at an ex as a friend the same way as any other friend I have to ask myself is this "friendship" beneficial to my life and growth as a person and if not then I don't need them. No ex is that important to me. I don't want to be with a guy that is friends with an ex and I won't be friends with any of mine either.

• My ex girlfriend hates me :( but she broke up with me and I wanted to be friends with her and she didn't and she ended up hating me !

• I am good friends with my ex :D