Should I date this guy or not?

I like this guy quite a bit but I will be going away to university four and a half hours away. I start second semester so January 2015. I don't know if there is a point in me starting a relationship when I will be moving so far away for at least four years of university. What I'm going to school for I can't get a job here, I will have to live in the city. He lives here (in the country) and works for his dad's construction company which he's taking over eventually, there would be no future. My last relationship was five years and now I don't see the point in dating with no future possible. I'm wondering is there something that I'm missing for a plus side to just dating till I go to school? Or will this just end badly no matter what?

I have been friends with him for five years he is one of my ex's old friends.. They aren't friends anymore though.

Most Helpful Guy

• No need to start an intimate relationship, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't be friends or just a contact with him. Certainly you will have breaks off from school when you come back home and could see him again. Maybe after being acquaintances for 4 years, you could then start a relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• If you really like him then YES! Go for it. Anything can happen. You never know. Just enjoy life and see where it takes you. Best wishes

What Girls Said 1

• Long distance relationships are romantic if they can actually last! <3 If you like him, go for it!