Have you ever dated someone of the opposite sex out of pity and sympathy?

And if you haven't, would you?
Do you think that if a person dates another out of pity and sympathy, is it possible they may get carried away in the midst of the r/s and end up falling in love with the pitiful person they are dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been tempted to do this twice- once was with a creepy stalker and the other a good friend. I would get to the point when I'd be getting ready to text them and say I've changed my mind and will date them, but then when I think of how I won't be wanting this relationship it stops me. Its unfair for both parties if I'm just lying to make someone feel better... :S

What Girls Said 4

• Never have and would never...

I know some girls who did this, but were never swept up in it, never really liked the guy very much, never really turned into anything serious and they definitely never thought about the sad guy again...
    Plus, they would never have sex with them - just a bit of dating, maybe a few kisses.

Just to see if it goes anywhere, and it never does.

• Definitely wouldnt. I would only be making things worse for the guy in question.

• Never Have... Never Will

• No way.
    That's awful... that's worse than rejecting them.

What Guys Said 2

• No way, that seems like an awful thing to do to another person. It'd be completely degrading, in my opinion.

• No an no really sorry