Dating - Age limits for guy to date younger girl?

I know a girl who is 14 and she is dating a guy who is 17 soon to be 18. Do you think there is anything wrong with the age difference? a lot of people keep telling him it is illegal for them to date because of the age difference it's only 4yrs. Myself I don't see anything wrong with it if they love each other. I started dating my boyfriend when I was 15 and he was 19. We started dating in August and he was turning 20 in Sept and we are still together Also it is not a sexual relationship due to it being a long distance relationship. I have looked up legal stuff about this and all it says is if there is no sexual contact it is legal unless the parent of the younger person has an issue with it. But I know they don't because they really like him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Age is just a number that people just put too much emphasis on. From a legal stand point so long as he doesn't have any sexual contact with her their isn't any problem. From a moral on so long as her parents are aware with the relationship and trust and are ok with him dating their daughter then to hell with what others say or think. I'll share with you a true story. My great aunt was 14 years older than my great uncle. She even help her mother deliver him into this world. She literally witnessed her only future husband being born. She was his babysitter and my great uncle loved and admired her all of his life. The day he turn 18 He asked her out and they were married 2 years later. My great aunt and uncle were each other's first and only lovers. They had 8 kids and stayed together till the day my great uncle died at the age of 60. My great aunt died 2 years later after my great uncle at the age of 76. For 60 years they were together and faced many hardships and nasty rumors and insults from strangers and I'm sad to say from my own family cause of the age gap between them. But love conquered and I'm proud to say that they lived together in love and stay faithful to one another and didn't listen to damn to what people said about them.

• WOW, that is awesome. That shows no matter what true love will conquer all. Thank you that is a truly inspiring story I will let my friend read this Thamk you again.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't look at it as the number of years differentiating the two individuals, rather the percentage of life span. Yes, I believe someone his age should not be involved with a 14yr old.

p. s. I don't count long distance relationships as romantic relationships; such a thing involves some form of physical intimacy.

• It's not illegal to date a young lady as long as the guy does not have sexual contact. 3-4 years is not a entirely big difference especially when people are adults but this might seem a bit more questionable in the teen years considering people are still mentally and physically maturing at different rates.

• Rule of Seven: Half their age plus seven years is the socially acceptable limit

What Girls Said 3

• At that age that is a big age difference. Once you're older it's nothing. It's a difference in maturity and life stages. I think it really depends on the guy. I sort of dated a guy 7 years older than me when I was 15, but he was a respected family friend. At the time I didn't understand, he was the smart one, nothing physical happened. Not for legal reasons but emotional ones.

• Who gives a fuck about age? It's love !

• That's exactly what they and I think. Even her parents don't care about there age as long as their daughter is happy

• It doesn't matter what other people think as long as you are happy with who you are with. I've gotten a lot of ridicule for dating a girl, but I shove it in their faces. It is not anybody else's decision who you or I or your friend dates.

I met my girlfriend in our sophomore year of high school. We've been dating since our junior year. We are in college now and are planning to get married. We've been ridiculed, bullied, insulted and abused because of our love, and we stuck through it. WE are happy together, and this is the happiest I've ever been in my life.

Tell your friend to ignore everything that everybody says if it isn't supportive of her decision. It's hers and hers alone.

• 14 is a bit young.. but other than that i dont really have a problem with age differences.. its not weird, its just unusual.

• If you met her you would never think she was only 14 she is very smart and mature for her age. Most people mistake her for being a lot older like 16 to 18. I have had people tell me they don't believe me (they say B. S) when I say she is only 14. I think that is why he likes her so much too because she is very mature, she is a young girl but doesn't seem like she is.

• she shouldn't just give a shit what people think... this is why its hard to be happy, we think too much what people think if you do this and that. life is short so do what you want and love.