Topic of the day... and it has to do with race. Black men?

Ladies,

Are you attracted to black men? And if so, would you date one? I'm black (you probably could have guessed), and I've come to this conclusion. Some women just like black men... period. Some are open to any type of man... period. Some aren't attracted to black men at all. And some are attracted to black men, but wouldn't date one because of how it would look, what friends/parents would say/think, etc. Where do you fall? This will help me substantiate my theory. haha

Most Helpful Girl

• Brown is simply a pigmentation. If someone says oh " I dont date black men" and say its a preference I tend to think they are masking racism as preference. How can you disregard an assortment of men based simply on someones skin tone? There is a huge range of people that fit into the category of having brown skin and you are telling me you dont like any of them? Ridiculous.

To me skin colour isn't attractive or unattractive... features are primarily. Of course personality etc

So, as you can tell from my response, skin colour isn't my determining factor for dating someone. Good and bad is found in all colours of people.

Its particularly interesting though for the women who would date ethnic men but abstain due to what parents wishes They sometimes hide and still do as they wish. This is what tends to happen when a parent forbid their daughter from doing something.. she will do it anyhow. Some parents even threaten to revoke their child financial support if they date a particular man of a particular colour. What does she do follow her heart and risk being poor or do as her parents say and have money? Hmm Conundrum..

What Girls Said 16

• I would date a black man if I was sure he would be faithful. A guy who takes his life seriously, lives a conservative lifestyle, is single for a long time before meeting me, has a genuine desire to better himself, humbly views others as greater or equal to himself, has a strong desire to serve others, is somewhat honest about how he feels even if he doesn't tell you everything that goes on inside his head, is devoutly devoted to a social, political or religious cause that he puts above his girlfriend, his relationships and his social life, puts more effort into doing than speaking, gives himself far less credit than he deserves, is serious and hard working, has a high tolerance for unpleasant things, uses his intelligence to better himself and his life and never uses his brains or money to show off, get attention or win respect >>> These types of guys won't cheat on you so you can safely date one.

• If more women thought like you and held men to these standards, there would be a lot more stable/happy/healthy/long-lasting relationships in the world. Nice race-neutral response. Thanks.

• if i find a boy attractive i'll make it work out socially

• I'm mixed and you can deffinatly tell I am but it really depends on there features cuz I'm obsessed with Chris brown and I would deffently date chris brown in a heartbeat but I also think Idris Elba, Jason derlo or however u spell it and some other are extremely hot so it depends on the person

• I have dated black men and a few other races as well. If I find someone attractive it doesn't matter the color. My family doesn't care as long as I am happy

• 1|1
  • I'm black myself, and would gladly date a black man if he had the necessary traits: attractive, family orientated, had career goals, and respectable. Sadly few in my community fit the criteria, and are downright repulsive.

• Sounds like you just need to change your location or the people you surround yourself with. All all my good friends that happen to be black are doing pretty well for ourselves. Just saying.

• I've never been attracted to them and I would probably be disowned if I ever took a nonwhite man home to my family.

• Oh I think some of them are very attractive.

• I wouldn't mind dating one but my family would hate me.

• My gf's sister doesn't like me.

• Yep. Ultra Conservative too.

• I'm not but parents and family is.

• Yeah I would I'm talking to one right now

• I see these questions all. the. time! What is even the difference, between a black and a white man? I just don't get it..

• If more people thought like you, the world would be a better place. There is no difference really. On a absolute scale a male is a male. However, many people in society (I'm referring to America) don't see it that way.

• No I generally am not attracted to them

• I would date a black man if I was attracted to him (looks and personality). Unfortunately, I don't see attractive black men where I live.

• I haven't met one that I'm attracted to but if I ever do, I would definitely date him

• I'm mixed black and white, and I prefer black. There are good looking white guys, but majority just don't have that sex appeal black guys do, so end up in the friend zone.
    All of my friends apart from 1 prefer black men, and I've got friends of all races. The only girl I know who doesn't prefer black men, is a black girl, and she says white men just turn her on more and black men intimidate her in bed because she thinks they know too much. The only thing I don't like about black men is the ones who are obsessed with light skin, as a light skin I even get offended by that. But yea, nothing is sexier to me than a decent, good looking, educated, hard working black man who knows how to treat a woman, and is the male version of "lady in the streets, freak in the streets" haha

• When I see a guy who's black I have to admit I'm kind of automatically attracted to them :p

• if a black guy asked me out i wouldn't say no just cuz he's black

What Guys Said 2

• Asking if someone's attracted by another person's colour is equal to saying are you attracted to a chair? What's the difference if humans are reduced to appearance? Appearance is important, but colour itself is so superficial that I doubt in my mind that you will find a person on this planet who's judgment is based solely on colour - that's because there has to be a meeting of minds for a bond to form, so attraction cannot be reduced to a single feature of a physical disposition.

• In an ideal society, color is superficial. In the real world it's not. Everyone sees color. Their subsequent thoughts and behaviors after that point depend on the person. Have you ever in your life heard someone say, "I'm not attracted to white/black/asain/indian/hispanic guys/girls?" If so that's an attraction based on a color (really it's based on race, but I'll get into that). Is that ignorant/shallow? Maybe, but that's the way some people think/feel whether it's right or not. And I'm not referring to different shades/skin tones, I'm referring to black men in general. I'm color necessarily, but race/ethnicity. Furthermore, there doesn't have to be a meeting of the minds to be attracted to someone. You can be attracted to someone just by looking at them, There does, however, have to be a meeting of the minds for a relationship to develop. And your color IS part of your appearance.

• I have a feeling that this could go on forever, but there's a difference between being a attracted to someone and being willing to date/marry/have an intimate relationship with that person. One can be attracted to someone (for whatever reason) and not be willing to date them because of their race. It has nothing to do with their attraction towards that person. It's has everything to do with that individual's mindset and beliefs. One COULD call them racist or close minded for being unwilling pursue a relationship with a person they're connected to because of race. My only point is that those types do exist.

• Let's settle this with Formal Logic then:

Attraction is a belief or a habit that an object is desired.
      Belief and habit are formed through experience.
      Vanessa has had a bad experience with 100 black colleagues.
      Vanessa says she is not attracted to all black men.
      Vanessa is not attracted to all black men if and only if she is not attracted to a black man.
      Vanessa has known 100 black colleagues, has seen 100,000 black men in her life.
      It is unlikely that Vanessa is not attracted to black men because she does not know every single black man in the world.

How do we get from say to is? Through actions, if Vanessa could be repulsed by every single black man, then she is not attracted to them. Though here is food for thought, the colour 'black' or a black man? A black man is implicitly a whole, it means a body that is black, she is clearly differentiating between her black Honda civic and her black colleague, she is meaning something else, viz., a whole of appearance, not black.

• Let me guess. You want to approach women of different races but are unsure due to the negative stigma associated with being black. I feel you.

• Not really. I talk to girls of other races all the time (I just like to meet people in general). And I can tell within the first 5 seconds whether they're attracted to me or not. It's really a numbers game. But I just wanted to see what opinions the women have.