If you had a choice to date a really cute girl with a so so personality or a slightly chubby girl with an awesome personality who would you choose?

which would you choose?
I've seen it happen so many times, its quite sad. Even guys I think are nice wouldn't go for the awesoem personality if they could have the cute girl instead. what about you guys? Be honest

Most Helpful Guy

• I fall in love with personalities haha. Sure the girl may be cute, but is she's dull and boring, what's the point? I'd go with the slighty chubby girl no doubt. Awesome personalities are the best! So what if she's chubby, that's an easy fix. Getting a personality it another story. at least that's how I see it.

And no I'm not going with the chubby girl because everyone chose the cute girl, this is my honest opinion!

• Thank you :) I say slightly because well I'm not stick skinny and I know guys kinda go for that. Some don't and I guess you just proved it :)

• Thanks for MH :D

• no problem, thank you

What Guys Said 31

• Most likely the chubby one. More important that she has a nice personality and that we connect than it is for her to be cute. Even if I end up being not attracted physically, we could still be good friends at least. And we would have had a lot of fun dating.

• I'm guessing you mean the cute girl is averagely skinny? I'd prefer personality over cuteness but I'd still like the girl to be cute and if she was slightly chubby well it depends what your definition of that is but I'd like to see her try change her habits of course for her own well being, because being overweight isn't healthy but it wouldn't change my perspective of her. If you can make me smile I like you haha

• this is sweet ;). when I say slightly chubby I mean not super skinny, truth is I work and am around perdomintely white girls ( russians who are gorgeous) and well I'm latina, and there's differences I guess ( I have more hips)

• So you're curvy?

• yea lol

• Their is no set list to make someone attractive and every guy has their own idea of attractive girls and have differing preferred personality Ina girl. Like for some reason I am only attracted to blonde shy girls but that's just me.

• You'd be surprised how much personality counts. I can't even tell you how many times I initially overlooked a woman but became attracted to her after having a conversation. Since it's so hard to find a girl with an A+ personality, I think most people would be willing to compromise a little in the looks department. If she's still a pretty girl but is just carries a few extra pounds, I'd probably overlook it if her personality was good enough.

• I remember I was once waiting for a bus and I spoke to this chick that I would say was a 3.5/10. After just 2 minutes of talking to her, she went from a 3.5 to a 7. I was shocked at what had happened. I would have to say the slightly chubby girl with an awesome personality. I know it may sound cliche, but I honestly believe that.

• ahh you may be more mature then most. Thanks for your input

• Love this !! The same thing happened to me but it was the other way around, a really cute 9/10 guy approached me once and the second he openned his mouth i wanted to puke

• Ha ha yes

• Assuming same face, I might go with the slightly chubby girl and get her to shape up.

I've seen many girls lose weight and it can be miraculous. Personality is much harder (if at all possible) to change.

• That's what I've always thought I have this latina body type going on. Where I work it's a lot of really thin girls model types lol I guess I compare myself

• Yes i would date a girl whose chubby with great personality

• I would like the chubby girl, Im not a chubby chaser but I find chubby girls are more down to earth

• brutally honest, cute girl with shitty/soso personality:P

• Personality every time

• I'd definitely would go for the awesome personality!

• Slightly chubby with the awesome personality. I've never been into frail looking women anyways, so this is a win-win for me.

• depends on the chubby girl's height... if she's ove 5'8" then i'll go for her.

• lol so , there are a lot of factors, and also personal physical characteristics play a bigger role than personality sometimes. I get that.

• personaly i like tall and chubby girls, but not obese of course... well it's a matter of taste i think.

• o definitely.

• Chubby girl with awesome personality for reasons :P

• I would go for the chubby girl all the time.

• I mean if the cute girl had the personailty to match its all good but damn if you look good does that entiltle someone to have a bad personailty because guys will love you regardless?

• HAAA I like how you said that , you're awesome

• good personality

• O totally. I just wanted to know if faced with 2 women liking you an one happened to be slightly chubby and the other was beautiful but kind of a bitch... you'd chose the one who was most attractive?

• sorry I think I meant to reply with that question to someone else. Thank you for your opinion ;)

• no problem

• Add long she still had a pretty face I'd take the chubby girl with awesome personality. It's always a question of how you carry the weight and whether or not it affects your face.

• Lol duly noted thanks for your opinion :)

• Awesome personality every time. It's no fun to hang around a boring person no matter how pretty they are. As long as the chubby girl had clean teeth and a good smile I could hang around her all day long.

• Lol ha ha clean teeth ha yea that's Just a must

• Sorry but I'd take the cute girl. yes I might be shallow but looks are what first attracts anyone, including chubby girls who would take the cute guy first.

• Ok so what I'm trying to get across is, do looks trump personality?

• In the beginning Yes! as the relationship progresses and as you get older , not so much. there still always must be a some type of physical attraction.

• ah I see.

• brutally honest, im in a immature point in my life, im gna go for the cute girl. but i could probably settle with chubby girl later down in my life

• Settle... humm maybe she wouldn't settle for you.

• haha you do sound as though u got good character ;P

• Thank you sir :) I appreciate that.

• I'll take the chubby one. It takes more than appearance to win me.

• "it takes more than appearance to win me" I like that :)

• Which one is the horniest?

• Soso personality, it's no more sad then when a woman does it.

• thanks for the honesty :)

• Slightly chubby with awesome personality, as we would be able to have more fun together.

• Really cute with so-so personality

• Chubby all the way. Personality is honestly what matters most in the grand scheme of a long term relationship. That and without a doubt, more cushion for the pushin'. Can't go so long with a hungry skeleton.

• ha ha, I figure you can always change a body, but a personality is hard to renovate.

• I would definitely date the cute girl

• I wouldn't date either? I'd hold out for the really cute girl with a great personality and try with her. If she wasn't feeling it, onto the next one. I don't settle for less than what I am looking for and I am okay with being alone until I find it. I'm living my life on my terms and happy to the degree I don't NEED somebody else. Do I want to find that special somebody? Sure. But I'm not going to settle with some person who is less than that because I feel like I need somebody to fill that role. I don't need that.

If I'm not attracted to the chubby girl, I'm not attracted. It doesn't mean the entire male population isn't, it means I'm not. I shouldn't be obligated or made to feel guilty because my personal preferences, nor should ANY other person, male or female. As long as the person isn't complaining about there situation (being alone, not being given a chance, etc) then they have EVERY right to hold out for what they are looking for. It's that simple.

• If I am going to be honest, it would be the really cute girl. I find myself overlooking their character flaws all the time. When we are attracted to someone something happens to our brains, so that we only see the good in them. We actually end up thinking the cute person has a better personality than they do. This is why most guys and girls that don't think they are shallow will still end up going after someone that is really cute, over someone with a better personality. Our instincts actually trick us into thinking the cute person has an awesome personality, even when they are a horrible person.

• This is inciteful really interesting theory. I never thought about this. But the people who those who can see beyond this are truly the ones who will achieve ultimate happiness... All based on what you like in characteristics all else is irrelevant?

• I wouldn't say all else is irrelevant, I have caught myself viewing attractive, and unattractive people very differently in the same situation. I have tried to teach myself to picture an ugly person doing the same thing as the attractive person, and vice versa, in order to be a more fair judge of their actions, and that really helps me keep a better perspective, but I am sure I still have some work to do on myself.

• ahh like yuo are so aware that you have taught yourself to picture people in different scenarios, interesting.

• The chubby one i like chubby girls.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 1

• I really am not hot, most of my friends are hotter than me, yet I'm the one who's "lucky in love" and they always get bad luck. Like guys usually want to commit, and I have never been treated badly by a man or been through the things my friends have been through.
    I think it's my personality, because what else. I don't really bother getting dressed up, I'm a jeans and cute top girl, I only wear make up if I'm going somewhere special, and I don't care how I look as long as I look presentable and neat I'm cool, don't do the extras, and on top of that, I'd say my looks are average, but like a low average. Not blowing my own trumpet but I still think I'm a catch because I personally think I'm an awesome person to know haha and I've got a great personality.
    So yea, I think personality counts for alot, because there's a zillion girls hotter than me who get treated like shit and I get treated very well and don't attract much trash... You get back what you put out I guess.

• I'm with you there! I've always had guys chasing me, and decent guys (most of the time!) yet my friends just completely luck out... They have so many more hang ups than me though, so maybe that's it!

• faith restored!! thank you!!!