How to deal with a controlling boyfriend?

My boyfriend is acting very controlling lately. He says he requires complete control , but I don't no how I feel about it. I'm bit unsure what to do about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Call him on the phone and say this: "Hi (name), I just want to bring up something that has been bothering me lately. I don't want you telling me what to do with my life, if I choose to be with friends or to be at a place or whatever I decide, you're not going to tell me what to do. So, if you want, you can choose to breakup with me and I won't condemn you for it, or you can accept me for what I am".

What Guys Said 6

• Unfortunately the only way is to stop seeing him. He's controlling now, it WILL only get worse!
    Do you want a lifetime of this?

• Simple. Dump him. Men like that aren't worth it.

• The rare closet creeper, probably someone who never had a girlfriend. Don't give him permission and he can't really do much, if he persists then leave him, no guy should pressure a girl into doing something they don't want. I'd leave someone like that anyway.

• Leave as you can only change yourself. That could become a dangerous and or uncomfortable situation.

• Show him he is not in control

• Leaving him is probably the best approach. But first, make him be on the bottom every time for a month and see if that helps.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sorry to hear, in all honesty I'd probably leave him. You can not have a successful, long term relationship with someone who needs to have constant control. You could try talking to him about it and see how he reacts, if he reacts poorly, leave him, if he seems genuine and just didn't realize how he was acting, give him another chance. Even if you think right now you can deal with this controlling personality, just imagine long term, down the line, with kids, or married, do you really want to always have to submit to what he wants because he can't compromise or value your opinion? Just a thought, but I hope everything works out for you. Good luck!

• The only way to stop it is to break up with him

• Leave. He's luckily told you so now you don't need to figure it out.

• Would you like him to tell you what to do, when where, or how? I wouldn't like it. Not worth the headache the emotional stress. He wants to control someone, then he needs to control his own insecurities.

• "he says he requires complete control "...

LOL DUMP THAT ASS HOLE.. relationships are about partnership NOT control...