What type of woman would even want a man with these rules?

I was reading about guy thinking that if you do all this, it always works out. Here is what he wrote:

End conversations early. Cancel dates. Be late. Appear disinterested. Don't lean in. Stop trying to kiss her all the time. Don't tell her when you'll contact her. Don't say you've been in love. Don't talk longingly about your exes. Don't console her. Take days to call her back after first time sex. Don't ask for her opinions. Be insensitive.

Why would I want to continue dating someone that is unpunctual, cancels dates, is late, ends conversations when he feels like it and acts all flaky? At work, you get fired for being late on the 3rd time.

I get the not talking about exes as no one wants to hear that but most of the things he wrote sound pathetic. If someone keeps cancelling dates I would already become disinterested. I wouldn't appreciate to always get cut off early in a conversation either. I would find that rude and not want to deal with someone like that. I don't appreciate someone that has to play that game to assume I'll then be interested.

I took some guy off my list for not replying to me on chat while he was logged in. I don't appreciate getting ghosted out online either.

Most Helpful Guy

• People associate certain actions with neediness. What they don't understand is those using rules and formulaic practices such as scarcity and Pick Up Artist tactics are usually the most desperate and needy. It is sad in this day and age when just wanting to live life and see and talk to who you want is seen as undesirable. The biggest test of a person is how they are when they are with you. Too bad many people forget that but that isn't my problem.

If people do not have the courtesy to get involved in life then i don't waste my time with them. After all, I could die tomorrow and the person ignoring me today will never know what i wanted to tell them. It really does annoy me when people play games. I lose respect for them rapidly. Good on you for not taking crap.

What Guys Said 3

• "End conversations early. Cancel dates. Be late. Appear disinterested. Don't lean in. Stop trying to kiss her all the time. Don't tell her when you'll contact her. Don't say you've been in love. Don't talk longingly about your exes. Don't console her. Take days to call her back after first time sex. Don't ask for her opinions. Be insensitive." Why would a woman put up with this?
    Because it works. Maybe not toward you, since you took such a direct approach against it. But trust me, for far more women than you can imagine, it has worked to keep their interest, working to same now, and will do so for all time. The true irony is that after eons of this, guys like the only who spoke of these 'rules' actually do use it to get what they want, and they do so legally and without fear of censure.

• Depends on who you want to attract. If you want to attract a woman you have to play mind games and follow this ''Looking for casual dating'' script (someone that doesn't want to get to know you better isn't someone serious to consider) and with self-esteem issues, well then there are plenty of those damaged women out there. After all what you'll get is a low-quality woman.

Someone tried BS on me in HS and I send him to hell.

• A guy that doesn't contact me, comes late and cuts me off on conversation to me translates to = he's only looking to get laid and doesn't want a serious, mature, adult relationship.

• Well, because it's to eliminate the neediness. People who appear more scarce are more valued than those who are permeated in abundance, like stocks.

• Being punctual isn't neediness to me. It means you have good traits and do what you promised and you're a reliable person. Some are taking this to the extreme of being lazy and showing an ''I don't care'' attitude. All extremes are bad in life.

• Depends on who you're doing it with. If you're doing it with a naivee girl or one that's very young and has issues, that might work out.
      It obviously backfired on my crush and he was then trying to apologize later on. Another time, he was trying to act like that again, I got up and left then he kept trying to catch up with me as I was heading for lunch... kept something like ''Wait, I'll be nicer, no, sorry''.

So much for his ''Be a jerk'' that it he ended up looking like the fool. Careful who you're doing it with.

• It takes a certain way of employing it. He's not really being a jerk, he's playing a sort of intrigue, it's like a game. Not all personalities can collapse into a single one, that's why there's no objective morality, no single culture, no single God. I guess what I'm trying to say is, he's not being a jerk, but he's appealing to the girl's sense of curiosity.

• I would drop him worse then a bad habit and if he tries to contact you do not answer him

What Girls Said 1

• That's what a player does
    Why does a girl stick around?
    1) she wants to change him
    2) she has deep daddy issues

• True and what both of them have in common and they're dysfunctional and would be a low-quality partner. Low-quality woman with self-esteem or daddy issues gets a man like that. Otherwise, I don't think a healthy or older woman would put up with that for too long.

• You're right