Does dressing matters on a date?

Im going out with the girl i like so much this coming Sunday for the 1st time, im not a fashion type of guy at all and i never care about dressing. all my tshirts are plain black and they look the same and i like them but i dont know if the way i dress will affect the date. The girl is a a fashion type coz she is a model.. girls help plz:)

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, it may seem shallow but YES it does matter. Especially since she's a fashion model! Dressing nice on a first date shows that you put in some effort and that this is a special occasion to you. First impressions matter. If you dress like you always do, it may make her think that you don't care about the date or about putting in effort for her. Just buy a nice button up shirt and wear it with jeans and you're good to go!

What Girls Said 3

• Yes absolutely wear something nice. Clothes always matter, people judge you based on it but they especially matter on a date. It depends on what you do but I'd recommend something preppy like this

s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/.../...sentation-22.jpg

• Personally if I like the guy, it won't really matter that much. My boyfriend always wears the same blue jeans, just changing his top from a choice of about five different band tshirts on a daily cycle.
    Buuut if its one of your first dates I think the girl might want you dressed kinda nice, not super fashionable of course, but at least not dressed in clothes what dont compliment each other. I'd say you don't need a fashionable get-up, but avoid a 'bad' one :S

• depends on what will be done on the date. if you go out to dinner or do something "fancy" you should dress nicely. if you go bowling or something you can wear what you usually wear. it all depends on the date itself - dress accordingly

What Guys Said 1

• You shouldn't look like you just got out of bed, but you don't HAVE to look like you're going to a wedding. Also, it depends on what you're doing. You really wouldn't wear a duit and tie to a baseball game, right?

• Lol, got your point dude thanks. all i have is tshirts and my favorite one is the transformers (autobot) one, i feel comfortable and high in it, i will possibly put that on.

• You should go out and buy some nice clothes. I mean, like I said, it depends on where you're going but you really should. Some places even have dress codes. If you're going to a rest. and you're dressed in jeans and a T and she dressed to the nines, she's not going to want to go out with you again

• sure bro. will do