Guy friend says he doesn't like me as more then a friend, but acts like he does? (I have told him I like him )?

So one of my guy friends that I have known for about a year has been giving mixed signals, however EVERYONE says he likes me
He moves his chair REALLY close to mine (like 2 inches away) He often leaves his friends to come and talk to me His mom knew my name before I introduced myself He has asked me to ice cream twice, coffee 6 times lunch once and to 2 summer fairs (I paid for myself) We went to a country music concert with 2 friends (he doesn't like country music, I do) as well as 5 movies with the same friends He often comes to school an hour and a half early to talk to me. Offered to pick me up twice Opens all doors for me and walks beside or behind me Always taps my arm or leg to get my attention ALWAYS smilies when im with him. I come up in conversations between him and other people A LOT (friends, parents) He stands up for me in arguments Teases me about my height and compliments me constantly saying im amazing smart kind nice fun to be around and laid back always concerned about me and my feelings We walk around by ourselves every now and talk at a time He has hung out till after midnight with me

My only doubts is he never texts me first but usually responds and I have told him I like him and he said "I don't feel quite the same way, I'm really sorry and if you want to know I don't like anyone else and you're really fun to be around, smart, kind and nice"(exact words) Also I had texted him saying I really needed someone to talk to (I was having a really bad day) anyways instead of texting back he called and asked if we could meet somewhere and talk. While we were talking I didn't tell everthing and when I finished I asked him about his job and so on then when he finished he said something is on your mind and I said no just thinking then he said no something is bothering you and it is on your mind, please tell me I want to help if I can. This is just a really short summed up version of all the mixed signals he has sent/ is send

Most Helpful Guy

• If you've let your feelings be known then leave it be. He may like you but may not want to ruin your friendship if something happens. But from what I'm seeing, he just sounds like a really good friend. A rare type of person that actually shows he cares about the people he is close with. I can understand seeing all of that and thinking he likes you more than just a friend but it's quite possible that it's only that. Don't push it too far. Again, you've let your feelings be known so if he wants to date, I'm sure he'll act.. but for the time being, just be friends and enjoy his company. I have female friends I do that kind of stuff for and I've never liked them beyond friendship. A really close platonic relationship is healthy for us all. Hope this helps.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• If he says take it that way. I think he may like you or not. It doesn't really matter. The thing is he doesn't want beyond your friendship. He has his own reasons. If I were you, I would not push it. Don't overthink about it.

• It seems as if he really deeply cares for you and really thinks highly on your friendship. It's seems as if he does like you because if he didn't then he wouldn't want to hang out with you. But it's just the fact that his not prepared to take the risk of the friendship, because there's a chance of you get together you might brake up and never be friends again or you guys end up getting married. That's the risk. Just Give him time, but don't invest 100% just in him. Hope this helped :)