Is it possible for a guy and a girl to be best friends?

I have feelings for my best friend that's a guy, but I want him to make the first move. He's super flirty with me, as I am with him, but it never gets sexual (kissing and whatnot). We cuddle and play fight and stuff, and I feel like he has a lot of opportunities but it doesn't happen. I feel like there's a lot of sexual tension... could that just be on my part? If a guy is attracted to his girl bff, what are the reasons he wouldn't pursue it? Is there still a chance he may pursue it? What could I do to make is easier for him to make the first move?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is possible but I think when a man and a woman fit so well together personality wise, there is a natural instinct that makes them want to develop that relationship into something closer, assuming they are both in at least a small way, attracted to each other. You can't help it, it's just nature at play.
    My best friend and I, in all honesty, wouldn't have looked twice at eachother had we passed eachother in the street but because we had such a good friendship and close bond, we naturally ended up gradually getting closer and closer.
    It is inevitable you two will never entirely see eachother as friends if there is some degree of physical attraction, no matter how small, because you're compatible. So I would always encourage you to develop your friendship if that is where it's inevitably going. It's a natural progression and will probably happen whether you want it to or not. Whether a relationship works or not is another story but you'll never know unless you try and if you're friendship is strong enough, you can work through it if a relationship fails to get off the ground :)
    Men (and women) will always be anxious about ruining a friendship. Friendships with the opposite sex that are genuine are special to us because we so often have friendships with our girl friends or guy friends and see the opposite sex merely as boyfriends or girlfriends. So to have a close friendship with someone of the opposite sex is special for a man or woman and the risk of losing that is high should you decide to pursue a relationship. The risk of losing a friend is high although the likelihood of sexual feelings developing are also high... so it's always a difficult decision to know what to do or how to feel.
    I told my best friend after months of debating, we both felt the same way and dated although decided we were better as friends. I still don't regret it, it was a natural thing for us to try and we're still best friends :)

What Guys Said 4

• Totally. I feel like it's when you get older though. Just about every girl I was friends with in high school and part of college I had feelings for at one point or another.

• It's not that he doesn't like you he just doesn't want to chance the relationship. If you really think he likes you that way just drop a couple of hints.

• my best friend is a girl, we flirt and we have made out a few times. but the only thing thats stopping me take it further is i dont want to change what we have. but i think maybe further down the line we could end up doing it. but even if we did do it, because we have discussed about it, and we both said it would just be abit of banter nothing serious haha

• Of course it is! I've got a female best friend! It's really something special when you have an opposite-sex close friend to be honest.

• Would you contemplate trying out a relationship with that person?

• Not really no, we're not like that. She's the best friend I could ask for, and I wouldn't wanna change that!

What Girls Said 2

• I see this quite a lot. It's absolutely possible.

• my best friend is a guy, but I`m in love with him. Plus, we`ve known each other since birth.