How successful are dating sites when finding that potential significant other?

I just want to know how successful they are when finding someone to be in a relationship with? IF so, which sites would you recommend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how low your standards are :)

What Guys Said 3

• you know what - learn to talk to people, learn to interact where you can see them and get to know them. The dating sites allow people to be phony. They are ok for people who can;t get out among people, but you are young - get your face out of the computer and into life.

• Yes, but the thing is, I don't know where to start first

• They can be successful to a point. They will match you with moderately good potential people, but in the process of weeding out the worst, you will also be weeding out the best candidates as well. Go out and join some activities that you like, and meet people. The best matches are usually made through introductions by people that like you. More friends=more chances for a relationship. More computer time=more computer time. Good luck!

• In Canada it is said to account for 1/5 relationships, I'd say Match. com is one of the top sites. I dislike that method though.

What Girls Said 3

• My husband found me on Facebook nearly 4 years ago, and fell in love with me. He lives out in Egypt, and before I had agreed to fly over to stay awhile with him and his lovely family, we did Yahoo and Skype for awhile. It went so well that 3 months later I had returned even longer, where we had tied the knot out in Cairo. Storybook romance, although LDL has it's ups and downs. Yes, we are still married, I am planning to visit this year.
    Not sure if Facebook is the way to go, but I have met a few foreign men on there who I have dated in the past. I would have to say this One is good, and you can get lucky by First being friends.
    However, for Real Romance, I have heard E-Harmony is excellent, and if you are looking for a Christian girl or guy, a person can also join Christian Mingle.
    Of course, there are some that are not so good, will do nothing but scam you. So it's always good to do some homework on different ones.
    Good luck, good looking. xx

• my grandpa met his wife on e harmony. she's literally the female version of him and they have the best relationship haha
    my step brothers mom also found her husband on e harmony.

• I would try OkCupid. com they have a site and an app for phones. Don't go on skout.