How to be the one they can't live without?

Headed on a second chance first date with an ex. In the past I've been too nice, done too much, been too needy. Any tips on good first date behavior?

He can't seem to forget the girls who treat him poorly, but I don't want to be like that :(

I'm guessing there has to be a happy medium?

What Guys Said 1

• There's a delicate balance to be found. I haven't quite found the formula, but I can tell you what works for me. I don't think it's necessarily about the girls that treat us poorly - I think it's the girls that are a puzzle to us. My last relationship was with this girl who I just couldn't figure out. I had no idea if she was in love with me or was completely indifferent towards me. She'd be just flirty enough for me to wonder if she was interested or not, and it made me want to win her over. Made me try just that much harder and to forget all the other girls in the world.

There's some sort of amount of attention that seems to work on us. Not too much because guys get scared off by clinginess. But not enough - we need to feel desired too. Ignore him but then be the one to initiate a conversation. That kind of stuff drives me crazy (in a good way).

It's an act and a game, but at the end of the day, you can only be yourself. If he's your ex, he already liked you at some point, and if you are going out again, he must still like you. Show him your fun side, your funny side, and your beautiful side. That's the stuff we can't live without.

What Girls Said 0