Guys: whould you leave your current girlfirend for your dream girl?

My bf of 3 years had an obssesson with megan fox so he left mefor a girl like that,... and his crush for her bothered me as if i diidnt fit his refrence or i wsnt wht he wanted,... and at times i would just sit there and cry...

I heard heard girls complaain that. There bf prefer blondes or. Brunettes aand that they werent that...

Im kindv afraid for my next relationship like hewould beinto somthng else that im not. And leave me for his own prefrence...

Myex left this bad imprint on me, like il never be god enough for any guy no matter how long we would stick together...

Most Helpful Guy

• No because the dreqm girl is a fantasy and could never live up to my expectations, while the girlfriend loves me for me. guys like that are shallow and dont deserve either

What Guys Said 21

• I would not leave my GF just for another good looking woman. There will always be someone better looking. Leaving a GF because there is a prettier girl or one that is blond or has big boobs is immature at best. What I would say is that you were lucky to lose him.

• to be honest, this guy left you not because this other girl is in any way better than you but because he's not good enough for you. a man like this is not good enough for such a wonderful person like yourself. you should be happy that he left now then to possibly get married and him leave you then. you deserve a person that loves you for who you are, this guy clearly didn't so he lost out. when a man leaves a woman like this its not because he likes the other girl more or she's better, its just that we men think with our penises instead of our hearts & minds. sooner or later he's going to find out that he made the biggest mistake of his life and he's going to come back to you, and when he does you've already moved on with a man you truly deserve who loves you as much as you love him.

• ahh thank you, this gives my fear out now, i was so scared to date again,... but after hearing this, my mind is stable now,...

• same to you, you're welcome. if you need anything else you let me know.

• Yes i would and thats the main reason i am extremely picky. If i would expect to leave you for someone better at some point i wouldn't start the relationship to begin with. The only girls i ever fell for could be considered dream girls.

• at least you wouldn't put anyone in my situiation like that, and i respect your option,,... we all should be sure of who we should dat and not settle and then someone get hurt,...

• well he soley left me for looks, we had thing in common, we had the same activites, same movies tasted music,... and loved to make fun of other people,.. do jokes,... but he yet he left coz most of my firend tell me he left me for her looks,...

• I doubt i would ever leave anyone because the other girl looks better. Only if i made the mistake to get together with a girl who's looks i don't like that much to begin with (And i don't think that will ever happen).

The only thing that could make another girl leave my current girlfriend is if she is a lot better then her in every possible way. If there are trade offs to both and they both end up quite equal then i would surely stay with the girl i had been loving for so long!

I also read your other question and if you want someone to talk to or listen feel free to send me a message.

From the looks of it he left everything you had to offer just because she looks better and i think he will realize his mistake if it turns out she isn't better after all.

• I would definitely leave my gf for my dream girl. Why wouldn't I? She's my dream girl. If I didn't I'd be settling and who wants to settle when they don't have to? Noone, that's who.

I imagine it sucks to be on the receiving end of things but that's life. People always want to move up when they have the opportunity. Get your dream car, get your dream house, get your dream job. Everyone, if given the opportunity, would trade up. Girlfriends, and boyfriends for that matter, are no different.

• so in my next relationship, if he has a dream girl would he also leave me oneday?

• Noone fits into the dream girl/guy category. Everyone has their faults. Don't worry, some guy will come along who realizes this and will take a look at you, your faults, your great qualities, and say to himself "you know, this girl might not be a 10 in every possible category, but she's sure as hell close". And that guy won't leave you for another girl because he knows that any other girl will have their faults and won't stack up to you and your amazing qualities.

• okie,.. that gives me hope,.. and this is me in my avatar, im actaly smilling, i know guys like that but i never smile as my ex told me that i look like a man when i smile...

• The only way I'd leave my current girlfriend is if I found someone with a better personality. I wouldn't just leave her for a prettier face, because that would be a pretty shallow and immature foundation to build a relationship off of. There's always going to be prettier girls in the world, but the key is finding a girl with the perfect personality. That's what makes you want to stay forever.

• but why leave her for better of whatever anyways,... isn't any guy on here even love there current gf at all? i wouldn't leave my guy for a dreamguy coz i love him,...

• My girlfriend's doing just fine. You're the one who just got dumped, not her.

• and so will she, you hilary swank,...

• I could never leave a girl cause a girl looks like a dream girl comes along

• I would leave my gf for my dream girl without a second thought.

• so you rather break someones heart huh,...

• how old are you?

• 16. May I ask why you want my age?

• Well every boy in not the same believe me. But you should be very careful to select your new bf so that he must be a guy who respects you and dont even think to hurt you in the future.

• If I had a girlfriend, and I found someone who was better, I would be obliged to leave her. If I think someone else is better than her then I musn't love her enough, so I would be doing what is best for her by leaving

• and that girl is me, who got left,... but why settle and break her heart?

• yeah, thanks, i hope il find a nice guy,... have a good day,..:)

• Yes, if it's been 9 months or longer.

• I would never leave my girlfriend, cause she is my dream girl :3

• I have a wish gurl and a dream gurl. It really depend tho..

• a wish girl and a dream girl?

• oh wow,.. hope you find your dream girl thne,. good luck

• Yap u too. Just dont give in too easily. Once they get what they came for, than ur good for nothing after that..

• You're ex is a shallow arsehole, learn from it and move on. He was the problem, not you.

• thanks,.. but its only been a week sice we brokeup,... its really hard to move on atm,..

• really as we get older,.. im only 23 and this feel so hard and anwers her are telling me that yeah a guy would dump his gurl for a dream girl, is it true?

• A guy who dumps you for a so called dream girl (as in a fiction of his imagination) was probably going to dump you anyway. I know it hurts but he clearly didn't take the relationship as seriously as you and frankly it sounds like he has a pretty low opinion of women generally. Find someone who is honest and respects you.

• I won't settle without my dream girl

• my dreamgirl is my girlfriend, too bad she dumped me

• No.

I'm already with her.

She must be my dream girl since I only see her in my dreams.

• I would. I want to be with my dream girl and if I have to leave my current GF to do that I will

• i feel bad for you gf,.. matter of fact for all the other girls whos guys say they would leave them for a fantasy girl,, and not value there effort and given to them,...

• Well in my experience, most girls don't do very much in the relationship, and they don't keep relationship matters private.

-Make the guy initiate contact first (Calling, texting, planning dates. If the guy disagrees with this they call him needy)
      -Make the guy initiate affection first (kissing, hugging, touching initiating cuddles)
      -Make the guy say i love you first and they only say "I love you too"

-They tell their friends absolutely everything that goes on in the relationship
      -They tell their friends about their boyfriend's penis size
      -They trash talk their boyfriends to their friends when they get into an argument
      -They tell their friends about all their boyfriend's flaws

Why the hell should a guy stay with a girl like that. I feel sorry for the guys with GFs like this

• eeeeeee, go with your dream girl then if thats you current gf!!!

and buy the way im noo were near like that, i never talk negitive behind his back, it never feels right.!

• Yes of course.

• My current mate is my dream girl. Physically.

• So in your case. What if the new girl is your dream both physically and mentally?

• But of course she would be what I perceive as ideal.

• Totally depends on the quality of my current girlfriend and our relationship. I wouldn't leave a great girl with whom I have a great relationship for some celeb chick, but if my current girlfriend wasn't all that, of course I would. I think any girls would do the same as well.

• true,... but is your current your dream girl?

• sorry there are too many anwers here,.. i misread yours,..

• No worries.

• If I don't see a future with you, then yes I would.

What Girls Said 9

• I know you said "guys", but we women have dream lovers too, so I wanted to chime in. My dream guy couldn't be possible, unless he had a ton of emotional baggage and some serious issues IRL. So what's the point? And sure, our BF's will tell us what the woman in their head LOOKS like, but that doesn't mean she can keep him happy. My BF is with ME, and that's enough for me.

Did you ever hear the rumors about Megan Fox from when they were filming Transformers? I don't know if they're true, but she was apparently kicked out of the movie, right off the set for basically being a selfish brat. So basically, if that's true, your ex likes selfish brats.

My point in telling you this is, looks aren't everything. It's the whole package that matters, and clearly, this guy is shallow to leave you for someone else based on looks. You wouldn't have been happy with him in long run.

• knowing he has his own dream girl makes me soo insecure,. it hurts just to think about it,... sometimes i even cry about it,... sorry if that seems silly,..

• *including the "courting" how long did it take before you were an official couple. Sorry lol

• he asked me out on a date then two week later he asked me to be his girlfirends,...

• I am so sorry love.

See it as a blessing, he would have treated you worse. Someday a girl will do that to him.

You need someone who treats you with all the love in their heart and who would fight to keep you!!!
    And I know someday you will find that guy :)

No fucking way would I give up my boyfriend for a dream guy. If I make a commitment, I tend to keep it.

• why would he leave me if i was the dream girl :p
    everyone would leave if they they got a chance with the perfect man/woman. id leave if i had a chance too. the better question is why wouldn't we leave for them?

• i put in so much effort for, put in har compromisses, he said he loved me nomatter what and yet left me for a dream girl,... will it be like this in my next relationship? what if he also has a dream girl but says he likes me to, but being dumped for a dream girl makes me doubt him

• I always prevent myself from getting to invested in girls i am not yet in a relationship with. That combined with the self control i have over my feelings i was able to remove them for myself and stay friends. I doubt i could have done the same after having a great relationship.

• you dont even have a gf!!! you dont know what you talking about,... your single!

• I really don't see the big deal honestly
    If people have the chance to have better, why should they settle?
    Would you rather have him stick with you and not love you?
    Also everyone saying he is shallow is wrong. Just because he's going for what he really wants, doesn't make him shallow

• but still 3 years together,... and he was my dreamguy,... but left for his dream girl,...

• easier said then done,... but yeah time will let me get over it,...

• lol yeah il get over it,... i know what you really mean :p

• his problem is he's an asshole.. i know it will be hard but not all guys are the same! and it's never too late for anything im sure you will find someone who will love EVERYTHING about you! just enjoy life :)

• thank i hope so,.. but im afraid iv become obessed with his new gf,.. he was my first bf but it really hard to move on,...

• Omg what a scumbag he is. You deserve so much better.

• i think he's an asshole

• They will yes. I was dating this guy two years ago, and from what I heard from people afterward was that he was planning on proposing to me. I thought we had been happy together because we'd been together for almost four years. We talked about the future and any kids we might have. He was always obsessed with Mila Kunis, which I didn't really give much thought to. A lot of people have celebrity crushes, including me. One night at a party he met a girl who could have been her little sister, they looked so much a like. About a few weeks after that, he dumped me, moved out and started dating her.

I still really haven't recovered. I've been dating guys, but nothing serious. I don't want to get hurt ever again. Those two aren't even together anymore, and I think there has been a few times he's wanted to get together but I don't know if I can trust him again. Everyone tells me not to.

• sweetheart me and you are in the same boat,.. if i had booz on me i would invite you to sulk with me,... i least im not the onlyone whos in this crap

• Yes it is heartbreaking but I've even heard guys at work say the same thing. The one guy I know is in love with Jennifer Aniston. He always says he doesn't care how much he's in love with a girl, if she came up to him and told him she wanted to have sex, he'd fuck her. My ex basically said the same about Mila though, but I never gave it much thought until he actually left me. My friends and I had a drunkfest the one night after it happened because she was almost dealing with the same thing. I just feel pathetic sometimes because it's been two years and I still have a hard time trusting a guy and moving on. Everyone tells me to just find another guy because I am pretty enough, but every time I date someone I feel scared.

• omg! same here, im trying too,.. but im scared aswell,... what if im not what he wants,... guys can seriously suck man!

• God, you're obsessed. Stop please with your ex bf. It's all over GaG. move on..