If a guy clearly likes a girl, why would he hesitate about being in a relationship?

If a guy clearly likes a girl back, why would he tell her that they should go on a few more dates before he gives her an answer? Does this count as leading the girl on?

What can she do to maximize the chances of him saying yes? Is it even worth it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't push it. You shouldn't do anything to maximize chances because THAT would count as not being yourself. Just stay yourself, which means not doing anything extra that's out of character. The few more dates will let you two get to know each other better so that you can see if you really like each other. How long have you two known each other?

• We got to know each other since beginning of February when the new semester started, because we were in the same class and were alphabetically placed next to each other. Im actually the one who confessed first, and that was the end of June... I don't know according to other people he likes me but?

• after a couple more dates, just come out with it and ask "how do you feel about us", and "where do you see us in the next few years?". See how he responds to that. That will determine whether you should cut him off or not.

• Okay thanks for the advice! :)

What Guys Said 2

• Well, I'm emotionally unavailable, but it's for a good reason. I can't get into a relationship until I'm sure I can open up without getting hurt.

• cause maybe he likes her in a different way than being in a relationship
    otherwise he's not sure about it

What Girls Said 2

• Yes it counts on leading her on because u taking her on dates n she's going to eventually think there might b a chance of moving on to the next step but if he anit ready then he shouldn't take he on dates maybe hang out as friends

• He is looking for something better