Is this a case of a bad date? Does it mean anything if your date doesn't take you somewhere special?

This guy took me strolling around the city for our first date, he kept asking me where I wanted to sit and talk but I thought it was his place to decide since he is the one who asked to meet up. At first his intention was for us to sit in a park but I told him I didn't want to sit in a crowded park. After walking around for some time i was tired and we ended up just standing in an alley. Does this mean this guy doesn't think I'm special or he was broke? and is this a red flag enough for me to not see him again?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it was sweet that on a first date he wanted to actually talk to you. Yea maybe dinner may have been nice but it's a first date. At least he didn't want to take you to a loud and crowded bar to get you drunk. I think you should've just sat in the park, would've been nicer than an alley.

What Guys Said 2

• Hmmm, odd indeed! Unless he previously stated the date would be simple I would skip this guy. Sounds like no thought at all went into this on his part. Sounded stretched out and uncomfortable, boring. Red flag for sure!

• You told him you didn't want to sit where he chose... I thought you wanted him to pick the spot?

• Anyway, I'm no bigshot, or have anything nice to go like a galleria where I'm being honored or whatever, buttttt, your question brings up a sexual fantasy I have. Did you ever watch the episode of "Friends" where Rachel and Ross go to an event where he's being honored... and she can't decide what to wear but when she finally does, it's this gorgeous formal gown, tan, so it blended with her skin and made it look like she wasn't even wearing a dress. Well, she wasn't wearing underwear either. She told him that and I think that made him want the night to go by extremely fast... if you know what I mean. That's kind of what I want. So, if I ever go somewhere nice, that's what I REALLLLLLLY want

What Girls Said 1

• He was likely a bit unsure of where to suggest since you rejected the idea of the park. If I were you, I would've offered an alternative suggestion when you said you didn't want to sit there.

However, I always see it as a bit of a red flag when a guy doesn't at least offer to grab coffee or a bite to eat or something. He didn't have much of a plan. I don't mind free or simple dates, but in my experience, the guys who did that from the very first date never ended up wanting to go on a proper date. The whole "relationship" was spent hanging out at their house or never going anywhere.

• Yeah I guess he was unsure, I will see what happens on the next if there is ever