What to talk about on a first date with a Guy?

Well, I just met this I guy I could see myself liking. He asked me out. I haven't been on a date in a while due to work and such. So, if you have any tips or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Its hard to answer that question since different people have different topics that they find interesting. A date is way to showcase yourself, what are you passionate about? How do you spend your free time? You can talk about work a little. Try to look at things in a positive light. and avoid controversial topics like religion and politics. Be yourself to a certain extent, and if he doesn't like the real you then he's not the right guy.

PS. I always thought it was the man's job to keep the woman entertained, or is it just me.

What Guys Said 2

• Stay away from conversations about past relationships or religion. I tend to find my dates open up to interesting conversations of "what if" and cosmology. It's nice to wonder.

• Get to know each others likes, dislikes
    ask him if was to travel where would it be
    ask him what kind of hobbies does he like
    ask him has he ever had any exotic pets
    ask him if he's into any sports

What Girls Said 1

• hmm trying ask random questions about each other until it leads to a common interest. This way you learn their likes and dislikes but also see whether you two have the same or common shared interests and views on things. These questions also allows to see if your compatible based on the views you both share.
    Hope this helps