Bringing the guy home to mom and dad... yikes!?

I've been seeing this older guy for awhile now. It's going great. He treats me nice. He's worked on my car and got it running. We talk and see each other reguraly. I wouldn't say we are dating. I also don't want to put a label on it or make it Facebook official. I have a theory if people don't know your business, they can't meddle in it. My sister said he's just a phase. My moms been pressuring me to bring him around, but I don't know if I'm ready for that. I haven't even mentioned it to him. I've met his mom on accident at a get together. What's funny is I had no idea she was his mom, had an hour long conversation, and then she introduced me to him. We didn't tell her we've been seeing each other already. I don't know how my dad's going to feel about me bringing someone home 16 years older than me... how do I present this to my parents and friends?

Most Helpful Guy

• If i was you i would just be honest with them. Tell them how you feel / why you like him and highlight his good points. Honestly tho how you phrase and present it will most likely not tip their opinion one way or the other. Most people tend to have strong feelings about issues like this. Hopefully as your parents they will just support what makes you happy. Having to hide or keep things from your parents will eventually cause problems. Best to just get it over with.

What Guys Said 2

• The important questions are, why be with him, and do you see at future with him (or is he, as your said just a phase)?

If you can say yes to both, then be honest about it and introduces him to you parents, and as glowboy said, tell them how you feel and why you like him and highlight his good points.

Otherwise keep him to yourself, and simply tell you parent it's a phase, and you do not feel like introducing them - presuming that is how you feel then.

• If you're not ready then don't do it, you might want to tell them about him a but before you bring him home tell them his age, what he does, and how things are going great. Better to ease into it then hitting them, him and yourself in the face all at once

What Girls Said 0