Are Craigslist personals a last act of desperation?

I don't plan on posting on there but, are the majority of people that post on there just really desperate? What kind of expectations could you really have to finding long term love on there?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, definitely.

I posted an ad as an experiment a while ago to see how desperate guys were. I said I was a 72 year old woman and still got a bunch of emails, many who were in their 20's... they gave me their phone numbers and everything.

• lol thanks for MHO

• I agree with your opinion and find the ads on there hilarious... I am not surprised at the amount of response that you received. I just have a hard time believing that anything good can come from the personal ads on that site.

• Some woman I know on another site claims guys are so desperate and email her all the time. She claims they want sex they can't get, yet she's often agreed to meet these guys just for sex.

What Guys Said 6

• I use that area and have met people off of casual encounters. I got stories for ya.

Desperate wouldn't be the word here. Posting an ad as a woman will get you like... hundreds of responses and then you'll probably get flagged. That's the trend I've seen. You're better off replying to an ad then making one yourself.

As for the people on it, if you've ever tried dating sites be prepared for much worse. You can get a lucky catch but I don't think it's likely. The people on it are honestly, creepy pervs and will send you pictures of their dicks repeatedly. You can also catch them finding hookups on the side if you post looking for a date in W4M and then make slip a fake side ad in through casual encounters and see their name appear in both. The problem is that there's like... no regulations on the site. Ads are user moderated pretty much and you don't even really need an account to reply to an ad.

I post in the casual encounters area and women have met me off of there. Some are normal, others are not. I would not really consider that place a site to find long term love. The girls I've seen posting there for long term have like major problems. I don't think it's desperation, I think it's just that they're on drugs and/or have kids and people see this from a mile away and avoid them. I talked with one and she was an alcoholic drug addict clearing weed out of her system so she can safely use the courts to bust her kid's father with drug use to obtain full custody of her kid.

• I think is a hit or miss. either desperate or just bored. I think there is only like 1 recorded statistic of a successful relationship found from craigslist lol.

• Not sure I'd say desperation, but it would be a dangerous move. I've never been on Craigslist but I do know all about the horror stories from there, rapes and murders and all. I've been on dating sites and those are terrible too. Most of the girls on dating sites don't really talk to you even when they see that you're profile is good and clean. At least that's been my experience.

Ultimately using the Internet to find dates just seems to be no good. They say men online are pervs, and some are, but you also have a lot of sociopathic women there who will either stalk you or stalk other women they hate and are jealous of.

You gotta do it the old fashioned way: get out there and meet somebody.

• I got lucky with online dating on a religious-oriented site, but I agree that most online dating is a waste of time.

• With the world becoming more and more technology based, would I say that its an act of desperation... maybe.

• Considering the rep of the site and the variety of better sites to date on... yup that is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Desperation isn't the appropriate word for Craigslist, creepy is the right terminology. I've talked with a lot of creepy characters on there, guys pretending to be girls that sort of thing, being creepy and pervy.

What Girls Said 0