What would you think of having a gamer boyfriend?

I'm a really OCD gamer, and I feel like that the reason that girls don't like me is because they think that gamer guys won't care about them and care more about their games. If I had a girlfriend, I would put HER first, and video games later. Or is being a gamer a turn off or something. I dunno, you tell me.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a gamer myself, I find myself more attracted to guys who game, but that's just my opinion. I like a guy who will play games with me and help me become a better gamer through it.

Actually dating a gamer is tricky. I've dated gamer guys who have paused the game to text me but I've also dated gamers who don't reply for hours because he's caught up in whatever he's playing. While it can get annoying I've found myself used to it and am able to look past it. I think you just have to find the right girl who will be able to put up with gamer habits. (:

What Girls Said 9

• I'd think it'd be awesome. I have a thing for gamers x) I'm big into video games myself like Skyrim, Fallout, COD, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Island, and much more, so it'd be more awesome when your guy is around to play with you.

• "I'm a really OCD gamer"
    turned me off immediately. Nope. It's not just that he would rather spend time gaming than do other stuff with me, but it's also that mostly what he talks about would be about games and I don't know any game talk and don't give a single crap about any games. Even when I was your age.

• If its someone who lives and breathes it, and thats basically their life and hobby... yes its a turn off. I have no interest in gaming so it would be a complete clash.

However if its just something to do once in a while for fun, if he was a great guy, by all means, I'd be cool with it

• nope not my type

• there's nothing wrong with gamers but whenever im around my male friends that are gamers that's all they talk about! it can get pretty boring if we don't understand what they are talking about and they hardly want to go out because they just want to sit at home playing video games all day!

• I do not mind dating gamers at all. As long as real people/your girlfriend come first then it shouldn't be a problem. I have, however, dated some guys were their obsession did interfere in our relationship and yep... they are still single. Basically its okay to love gaming and have hobbies but if you want a girlfriend/relationship then make sure that your hobbies are not your life.

• I think it's fine as long as you don't talk to a girl about it, bc most of us don't care

• I wouldn't mind it if I was into boys. I love video games as well

• I don't know I guess it's just not really impressive to be a gamer and I would be more impressed by different and more productive hobbies

What Guys Said 3

• Many girls who have dated gamer boyfriends have had bad experiences and that's why they won't date them. I like video games and play them maybe 3 days a week. The girls who can't stand gamer guys are the ones who dated the ones playing them 7 days a week 2+hours a day. Those kinds of guys who raid WoW religiously or whatever the big MMO is these days.

If you want to date a girl and think her opinions may interfere just don't bring video games up and play them when you have free time like normal. I also notice many girls who aren't into them may have dated a guy who kept trying to get her to play them when she was not interested.

• I used to be an infamous gamer too. It's not OCD stuff, that habit wears off after a few weeks of not gaming, you could be a garbage collector and women would still go out with you, it's about approach.

• im a loner and a gamer all i care about is money.